Wednesday 9 September 2015

September 9, 2015

Bob: It has been a long day. We got home just about 6:45, ate real quick and headed to the Brampton Stake Center to participate in the Brampton Ward end of summer Institute party. We wanted to see who is attending in Brampton. The regular class starts next Wednesday. The instructors, the Barretts, end their mission on November 12 and will be going home. We have been thinking about offering to help with the Brampton class on Wednesday nights. It would be a good bit of extra work for they do a lot of food preparation for the class. The kids love that part. I'm pretty sure we could teach the class if we had someone else get the food ready. It could work out. And 2 sets of adults in attendance would be even better.
Gained some more insight into Canadian customer service today. Had a collection agency wanting the payment of a missionaries medical bill without providing any itemized statement. That didn't go over real well. Tried to set up a new gas account but couldn't because no one's name is on the account right now. Landlord thought he could get the new renters to pay for the month before they moved in. That didn't work either. Talked with a company about renting a gas water heater. They said it's ready to go, but they weren't going to set the account up till closer to the end of the month. So I asked when that would be as the landlord would not give us access to the apartment until the account was set up. They said, 'Well closer to the end of the month.' So I replied, 'Well today is the 9th; tomorrow is the 10th. That's closer to the end of the month than today; are you going to do it tomorrow?' No. So that didn't end well. And finally, I called Bell and asked that they move a fax line from an apartment in North York to another apartment in Toronto. She said they could do that but she needed some information. Okay, what do you want. I need your name, the company's name, account number, and your main office number. So I give them my name and the Mission name. As far as account number I asked which account do you want as we have 13 accounts with you. Do you want the fax number's account number? And the main office number is a Rogers phone, not a bell phone. She said just a minute. So she puts me on hold for a while and finally asks is the main office a Bell phone? I said, 'The main office is in Brampton, and it is a Rogers phone. The fax number is a Bell number and it's in North York and needs to be moved to Toronto. The main number has nothing to do with the fax number. So she puts me on hold again and when she comes back on the line she says I need to call Rogers to get the fax line moved! Now maybe she knows something I don't, but that doesn't seem right to me. I told her I didn't think Rogers had anything to do with our fax numbers. She next says, 'Have a good evening.' I reply I can't wait to tell people about this conversation.
The only good thing was sharing some time with some of the missionaries. That makes it all worth while.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Today was quite a good day, topped off with being with the YSAs this evening. Brother Berrett is known for his homemade bread and tonight he made cinnamon rolls from scratch. They are delicious! They sent us home with six of them. They'll go quickly tomorrow, I'm sure.  We played "The Great Dalmuti" at tonight's activity. It was great fun!
One of the best things about today was that two of the Elders who speak Farsi/Persian invited us out to eat next week! They want to take us to a Persian restaurant next Thursday night. We'll let you know how well we like it.
I hope you all have had a wonderful day.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment