Sunday 6 September 2015

September 6, 2015

Bob: Another long day it seems, but we did sleep in this morning. Church was good and the munch n' mingle went very well today. They had pasta with sauce, salad and hard rolls. Don't think anything was left over. We took Michael home after church. He lives about 10 miles the opposite direction, but we got to see some of Toronto that we haven't seen before. I believe we were in North York.
When we got home we entered the garage and parked the car. Got out and started upstairs when I told Bonnie I had left my apartment keys in the car. Looked all through the car and could not find them. I had just used them to get into the garage. Bonnie finally came back downstairs and we looked for almost 30 minutes and could not find them. By this time I was feeling real happy (not!) about this turn of events. So we came upstairs and Bonnie began getting dinner ready. I picked up my scripture bag and there in the back pocket were my keys. How they got there I do not remember, but must take the blame for putting them there. Getting old has its pitfalls that is for sure.
I have a picture of the birthday cake below. It was supposed to say 'Happy Birthday Honey  Sister Martin', but it looks like the icer thought 'Honey' was to be deleted.
Wishing everyone happiness and prosperity.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie with Farsi Book of Mormon

Assistants singing happy birthday

Surprise!

Birthday Cake

Bonnie: We had a wonderful Sabbath Day. I love Sunday mornings. I  slept in until 8 am!! 
There were many heart-felt, sincere testimonies born today. And then there was a combined meeting for RS and Priesthood about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. Some good discussion ensued. We did have a long way to get home with taking Michael to his apartment building, but I'm glad we did it. And about the keys--I think the Lord was trying to tell Bob something! In other words, "Turn to Me (ie: the Savior) when you're in trouble!" Why else would he find the keys in his scriptures?
I probably have written this, but I want to say a word about the Book of Mormon in Farsi or Persian. I never in my lifetime thought I would see any of the scriptures in a middle-eastern language. We're talking about Iran and Iraq here. The gospel is indeed going to every nation, kindred, tongue and people! The Elders who speak Farsi are so excited. They say they have many people ready to read this book in their language. Now, we just need the Book of Mormon translated into Burmese, Punjabi and Kannadan, a native Indian tongue. I'm sure one day it will happen.
We hope all of you have had a wonderful, restful Sabbath. May all of you enjoy Labor Day tomorrow!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment