Friday 4 September 2015

September 4, 2015

Bob: Today was Bonnie's birthday. She was sung to many times, had a surprise luncheon, and went to eat dinner at a southern barbecue place. I'll let her fill in the details.
This may be a little short tonight as we have to use the laptop. I believe the desktop has bit the dust. It won't boot up. Will try to get someone to look at it next week, but nothing will be open till Tuesday as Monday is the Canadian Labor Day holiday. When there is a holiday in Canada almost everything shuts down.
Closed another apartment today. I was told ahead of time, 'there are only 2 beds, 2 desks and chairs, and 1 table.' It baffles me how anyone could forget 2 dressers, a sofa, a couple bookcases, 2 lamps, and sundry other items. Anyway, we hadn't planned on all that so we left the desks and couch. I'll have to get 4 guys to go back with me on Monday and get them. They'll have to lift them above the washer and dryer to get them out as they stick out in the walkway to the exit door. I didn't want to try taking them out today with just 2 Elders. Took a lot of the stuff to the dump and threw it away as it was old, broken and worn out.
The southern barbecue was very good. The owners are from Louisiana. The day they were moving their equipment into the store a couple of Elders were walking by and asked them if they needed any help. The owners said sure. So the Elders helped them most of the day to move things in. Now when missionaries go into the diner the servers always strike up a conversation with the Elders and ask them how things are going. Food was really good and a felt like I got my money's worth for once.
Hope everyone is well and happy.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment