Tuesday 15 September 2015

September 15, 2015

Bob: Went to Bancroft today. Took a little over 2 hours to get to Peterborough to pick up the Elders and then another 1:15 to get to Bancroft. Got there about 12:20. Took us a couple hours to load every thing, It was an upstairs apartment over top of the Branch. Elder and Sister Evans, who used to live there, drove about 3 hours to get there to help, plus he had the Branch President, President Plum, and another brother helping. They had several chairs and small items downstairs by the time we got there. The only problem we had was once we had everything loaded I couldn't find the keys. After about 10 minutes I found them inside the trailer on a dresser that Elder Evans and I had set in place. If they had been on the floor I don't know when we would have found them. That was a tender mercy.
On the way back my GPS wanted to send me to 401 which I knew would be busy. I hadn't come out that way, but I couldn't remember the routes I followed coming to Bancroft. I knew route  7 ran into route 407 so I found route 7 and followed it back. That was a mistake because route 7 winds it's way north and then back to 407. Took about an extra hour coming back.
On the way back the Assistants called and said they needed the truck to take a couple mattresses to zone conference in the morning. So they and 2 other Elders met me at the shed at 7:20 and we unloaded it. At least I don't have to worry about that tomorrow.
Well I am wiped out. Going to bed. Hope everyone has had a wonderful day. Good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I'm tired, too, and glad Bob is home so we can go to bed! I left the office about 6 and went to the temple with Laura. We did initiatories. It was so refreshing to be in the Temple again. The names were from Germany and the Netherlands, though, so some of them were hard to pronounce. I got home about 8:00, not having had dinner. I'm glad we have a good supply of peanut butter on our shelves! Tomorrow will also be a long day, with helping Erickson's at Zone Conference do the cars.
We will be going to the office afterwards. I'm sure Bob will have a lot to do.
May everyone's days be full of good things and may the Lord bless you all!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment