Tuesday 29 September 2015

September 29, 2015

Bob: Just got home a few minutes ago. We attended Institute in Mississauga again tonight. Class starts about 7:30 and ends about 9:00. After class Sister Barrett always has some kind of refreshments for the kids so they can 'munch 'n mingle' for a while. It gives some time for Bonnie and I to meet the kids attending. Tonight there was a guy from Thunder Bay, a couple of people from Brampton, a brother and sister from Montreal whose parents are from the Congo, a young man from India and I'm not sure where else. It is quite a diverse group.
Work was pretty busy today, but I got about everything up to date. Want to spend some time tomorrow on the phone/text report and get some information out of it that I can give to President Clayton. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and see what happens.
Tomorrow is MLC so we'll have a bunch of hungry Elders and Sisters to make waffles for tomorrow afternoon. It'll go much faster from now on as I bought another waffle maker last Thursday. Should be able to keep the 'batter preparer' busy while one person cooks with both makers.
Had my weekly night out treat tonight of a baked potato and cup of chili from Wendy's. Bonnie orders from Tim Horton's as they and Wendy's share the building. They do that in quite a few locations. Anyway, I'm hanging in with Wendy's, but Bonnie likes the hot soups and hot chocolate from Tim's.
Rained most of the day and it is a little cooler tonight, but still rather comfortable out. No jacket required yet.
Well, got to get ready for bed. Wish everyone love and happiness. Good night, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It was very busy for me today because we had our meeting with the Clayton's and I needed to prepare the orders for MLC. We had lots of orders for items in other languages, which can get complicated. The Erickson's helped me and it worked out great. Tomorrow, during the morning, we will put everything out in the foyer by zone and add the birthday treats, the packages and mail. We also need to put the boxes of Books of Mormon with the right zones. We will put out 20 of these boxes in English, plus one of Simplified Chinese and two boxes of Spanish.
I enjoyed Institute tonight. I love the insights the Barrett's have. We also talked to Scott to wish him a happy birthday. It's the most I've been able to talk to Nolan since last Christmas. It was great. May you all enjoy the sweet voices of your children!! My love to all!!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment