Friday 18 September 2015

September 18, 2015

Bonnie:  I will begin the blog tonight. We were all set to leave the office at 5:20 when Bob said he had to make just one more call. So I busied myself getting ready to go. During the 20 minutes it took for the call another person called and asked to speak to him. So when he got done with the first call he had another one to make. We finally got out to the car about 10 minutes to 6. Bob is one popular guy around here! We've done the shopping and I'm waiting for the clothes to dry. I want to get all of this done so that tomorrow can be a fun day away as we go to Niagara Falls and then to the States to do some shopping. We're going with our good friends the Berrett's who are the Institute teachers here. They teach Tuesday through Friday nights at different places. And every night there is food of some sort. Friday night is the "soup kitchen" which goes for about an hour before their class starts. The YSAs just love the Berrett's and it's not just for the food. They teach great lessons, too. The new couple coming in will have big shoes to fill!
Life is so interesting. This past week we've had a family member close to us "graduate" or pass on to the other side, and we've also had a new beautiful baby come to us, straight from heaven. It's amazing when you think about it how the cycle of life goes on. I think we're all in for some exciting times. And I feel that the Second Coming is closer than we think. I pray that all of us will be ready and do our utmost to teach righteous principles and protect our little ones from the world, which is becoming so gross and corrupt. Well, enough rambling. Good night, all!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Good evening to all. Today was a busy day, but a productive day. Got all of my follow-ups done and paid all bills on my desk but one. I need to be caught up because I will be out of the office Tuesday closing an apartment. Need to empty the trailer on Monday. Have a few things for Sister Martin to take care of from the last closing. Things like books, blankets, pillows, etc.
I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but one of the Elders got a notice from a collection agency for an emergency room visit that was never paid. They emailed him a notice that he owed 1423.xx, but they would not provide him with an itemized statement. We finally got a statement from the hospital and their total was 1396.xx. So in trying to resolve the difference I did a little checking online first. Found out that the collection agency cannot add any fees onto the amount owed. However, the agency just kept saying the total is 1423.xx and the Elder's credit would not be any good if he didn't pay up. So I called SL and asked them what to do. They eventually put me in touch with Missionary Medical. That person told me that in the US whenever a notice from a collection agency comes they do not pay the agency. They go to the provider and get an itemized bill. Then they pay the provider that amount. So they advised me to do that.
When I called the provider they said they COULD NOT take any payment. They advised me to pay the amount the agency was asking for. I was getting ready to all SL back when the agency called me. They said the Elder had called to see if the bill had been paid today. He told them I was going to pay it today. So they called me expecting a payment. I explained there is a discrepancy in the amount owed and that I was advised by the church to only make a payment to the provider. Then I said that the provider did not want to take the payment. Thus with 2 different amounts I did not know what to do so I would call Salt Lake back and let them decide. The agency asked, "If we only collect what the provider's statement says, will you pay that today?" I told her if she would email me a statement saying that only 1396.xx was owed I would pay it. She said, "I'll get it sent right over." Within 15 minutes I had the statement. So I called her back and paid it. Then they called back and asked me to verify that 1396.xx was the amount needed to debit the credit card. So it all worked out in the end.
Been checking the high school football scores and I see that Magnolia beat River tonight to make them 4 - 0, while River fell to 3 - 1. Tyler lost and Valley is losing.
Well, I'm excited to head to the States tomorrow. Hope we have an exciting day and some good weather. Hope everyone has a great day as well. Good night, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment