Thursday 10 September 2015

September 10, 2015

Bob: Spent most of today on the road as I had to take mattresses to missionaries that now have 3 in their companionships. You see how far I traveled by going to google maps. Left 1624 Wanless Drive, Brampton and went to 16 Carluke Crescent, North York first. Then I went to 15 Mann Avenue in Simcoe. After I left 1624 Wanless I had to fill the truck with gas, go to both our storage units to get the mattresses, box springs and bed frames. When I got everything delivered I stop to refuel at Wendys and then retraced my route back to the office without going to Carluke. Had to get gas again before I got back. I think I left around 9:15 and got back close to 4:00.
We got our new 25 mobile phones today. We are almost out of phones we can recycle so I will start handing these out pretty quickly. I had 2 new phones when I started and gave those away this past Saturday. A set of Elders wanted another phone today before I got back, but I had them call Rogers technical service and they were able to fix the problem. Most of them don't like calling for technical support, but Rogers can fix the phones occasionally. And this was the same 2 Elders that spent an hour and half the other day with technical support without accomplishing anything.
We took care of the shopping tonight so we can do the wash tomorrow night. Then we'll have all day Saturday up to 6:00 to go to the Farmer's Market and play around!! I found a Foodland Market while walking the other day so we tried it tonight. I'll let Bonnie tell you about the great deal she got on the chicken.
One thing I saw today in my travels was a house with beautiful flowers everywhere. And in the middle of it they had a tall arrangement of tiny flowers. It must have been about 10 feet tall and about 3 feet in diameter. It was all colors and the blossoms were fitted tightly together. It looked fabulous. Wish I had taken my camera. Had my phone but never thought of it. Maybe I'll be down there again sometime and get a picture.
Better let the first mate add her thoughts while I get ready for bed.
Love to all and God bless.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It's been a good day because I received my Book of Mormon order. They delivered 23 boxes of English, 2 boxes of Simplified Chinese, and 1 box each of Spanish and Portuguese books.
These are paid for out of the General Book of Mormon Fund which is wonderful. I wish the Persian ones were available this way, but for some reason I can't do this yet. So, I put in an order for 80 Persian ones through the Online LDS Store. We (the Mission) will have to pay for them, of course. I need more space in the storage room now because we have car supplies in there, too, and there is another big order that should be here soon.
Bob mentioned Foodland. Everything there is so expensive! For 4 skinless chicken breasts it cost about $20.00!! But, on the good side, there weren't a lot of people crowding the aisles. Oh, well. Live and learn.
The weather is starting to cool a bit which is nice. School started here the day after Labor Day so that means more traffic to deal with on the way to the office. Some of the trees are just barely changing colors. I can't wait for Fall. I expect that it will be as beautiful as it is in West Virginia.
May everyone have a peaceful night! We love  you!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment