Monday 7 September 2015

September 7, 2015

Bob: Today was a good day. As soon as I got to the office I took the truck and trailer to meet 4 Elders at the apartment we partially moved stuff out of last Friday. We were there for about 20 minutes to pack up 2 desks and 1 couch. Took all 3 pieces and put them in the new storage facility.
Today was Canada's Labor Day so there wasn't much traffic as I was driving the truck. And there wasn't any mail today so there weren't any new bills to pay. Got everything pretty well caught up in the office. Took about an hour or longer to burn 11 cd's for the missionaries going home on Wednesday. Had to call 2 landlords about rodent problems at their facility, but I think the problems are being handled okay. We'll find out real soon. Told one of them that if the problem wasn't handled we would not be paying any more rent.
After work we went to Brother and Sister Ludlow's for their monthly dinner for the senior missionaries. I believe they have been hosting this get-together for over 20 years. Put their picture below. Notice his shirt, "Retired Finally". I'm going to go see if I can get me one.
The Erickson's work in the office with us. He handles cars and she handles everything someone else isn't assigned, as well as new missionaries coming in and missionaries returning home. It ends up being lots of work.
Hope your Labor Day was as nice as ours. Will be celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving on Oct 10.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Ed and Sheila Ludlow

Cheryl and Bob Erickson


Bonnie:  It was a good day but I am very tired. Tomorrow we have to get up early and be at the Stake Center to welcome in 20 new missionaries by 7:30 am. And we also have to say our final good-byes to Elder Russell. Transfers are quite the production. Each new missionary is assigned a trainer. As new missionaries are coming in, others are going home. The ones going home will be attending a special temple session tomorrow afternoon. Because of all the changes, many of the other missionaries will be transferred, mixed up and moved around all over the mission. They will congregate at the mission office, which means I have to be ready with planners, prepaid envelopes, Books of Mormon, candy for the candy jar, and other things they might need to pick up before they go to their new assignment. As you can imagine, it's hard to anticipate everything. I'm praying that my last name-tag order comes in tomorrow before the influx, as well as the Books of Mormon. I may have to let them take only 6 or 8 instead of a full box. To make a long story short, I'm going to bed soon. May we all have a good night's sleep!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

1 comment: