Thursday 3 September 2015

September 3, 2015

Bonnie:  I will be the first to write tonight so I can get to bed a little early. Tomorrow I have to go to bed very early because we will be attending a 6:15 am session at the temple Saturday morning. Most of the missionaries will be attending the temple that day and they need sealed couples to be the witness couple and to stand in the prayer circle. It will be a wonderful event, I'm sure.
Today was hot and muggy. Before we left the office there was a huge thunder storm and the rain just poured down. By the time we went grocery shopping after dinner, it had quit for the most part. I've given up trying to figure out Toronto weather!
I hope everyone has had a blessed day. We pray for your good health and well-being every day.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie


Bob: Don't know what happened. Had a large write up and now it's gone.
I need to tell you a story that Elder Barrett told us last night. There were several children in his family when he was growing up. Once a week his mother would serve hominy for dinner. All of the kids hated it and complained to her about it. But she was firm and told them that their father worked hard and was a good provider for their family. He liked hominy and the children needed to show him some respect and not complain about one of their father's favorite dishes. So the kids did the best they could, but never grew to like hominy.
Well, one night they were returning from the grocery store. His mother said, 'Stop. We have to go back to the store. I forgot the hominy.' His father said, 'Ah honey, we don't need the hominy.' To which she replied, 'I thought you liked hominy. I cook it for you.' He in turn said, 'I do like it - about once a year is enough though!' Seems he had been eating it for years to please her even when he didn't like it.
So guys, how many of you would do that for your wife?
Spent the first 4 hours today away from the office. Had to unload the trailer into the new storage unit. Then I went to the store to get a lock and some 2x4s for the unit. Took them back to the new unit. Then went to the grocery store for ice cream and a cake for Elder Russell, who is going home next Wednesday. Then I had to pick up the pizza for lunch. You just can't do anything quickly here. Too much congestion.
Well I have to get ready for bed. Hope everyone is well.
Love,
Dad/Bob





























No comments:

Post a Comment