Monday 28 September 2015

September 28, 2015

Bob: Just got home from the YSA FHE. It is supposed to start at 7:30, but usually starts just a little late. The FHE coordinator says the official starting time is 7:37 so he stalls till then. Then comes the announcements, opening song and invocation. Lesson time is then till 8:00. So the lessons aren't long, but usually very spiritual. There are lots of returned missionaries and they can give some good lessons.
Their activity tonight was Capture the Flag!! It was in the dark and outside. Several didn't participate but they all hung together and they were even singing at one time. There are plenty of hugs for everyone and they do seem to care for each other. A lot of them are getting ready to serve a mission.
After it was all over we took a returning YSA young man home. He wants to attend Institute on Friday night which we don't go to. It is way across town and the traffic is terrible. Class lasts till 9 and then they have an activity that usually last 2 to 3 hours. The dance nights are really well attended.
Work was very hectic today as I was trying to make last minute adjustments for some of the missionaries who have lost their debit card. In that situation I have to put their money on their companion's card. In order to do that Salt Lake has to raise the card limit or I might be trying to put too much money on the card. This will usually happen if the Elder/Sister needs a monthly bus pass.
Well I had better get to bed. It's after 10 and 5:45 comes early. Did someone say you get more sleep when  you are retired??? Good night to all, especially brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  My day was not so good. Somehow a package came at the first of the month and I didn't see it--or someone put it in the wrong place or something like that. It contains a $500.00 Canadian gift card for one of the missionaries. I feel awful about it. It supposedly came on a day that we were training a new missionary, so I might not have been at the desk. I have to call the sender tomorrow and tell him we can't find it.
I spent a good part of the day filling non-English orders for MLC. There are a few things we don't have so I had to order them. The missionaries are requesting a lot of Arabic and Amharic materials. Amharic is spoken in Ethiopia. And, I'll probably have to do another order tomorrow because I didn't hear from some missionaries until tonight. Oh, well.
The best thing that happened had to do with a baptism that was performed February 7th, I finally will be getting the baptism information tomorrow. For some reason the office never received the white copy, which means that this person has no church records. I hope the missionaries will follow up with her and reactivate her. I imagine if she was active this problem would have been resolved much sooner. Tomorrow we will fill all of the MLC orders as much as possible so Bob and I can go to Institute that night. It will be another long day.
My love to all--
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment