Thursday 17 September 2015

September 17, 2015

Bonnie:   It's been one of our best days yet today. First and foremost, Lori had her baby, a 9'11 oz baby boy. We welcome him into our family as #27 of the grandchildren. Both mother and baby are doing fine. In another day the adjustments will begin with the other children in the family. I'm so glad she has help--Scott's sister, Jana, is there.
It was a quiet day in the office--not one missionary came in today. The APs were at a Zone Conference and the others were busy, I'm sure. Elder Marchant's mother emailed me to let her son know that his twin brother, who is a missionary in Chile, came through a horrific earthquake there unharmed. According to their mission president, none of the missionaries were hurt and they all had food and water. Good news there. Tonight we went out to eat with Elder Vanderzanden and Elder Atkinson who are Farsi missionaries in Toronto. They took us to a Persian restaurant and it was a real treat, one of the nicest experiences we've had so far. On the way in they spoke to a man who is now a referral for them. Elder Atkinson translated while Elder V. spoke to him. I loved it. And then, when we got into the restaurant, they started a conversation with the man who owned the place, I think. He became their second referral for the night. We learned about some interesting food tonight. I'll let Bob explain about the onion. I had a kind of Persian berry on my rice tonight which was delicious. They tasted kind of like craisins. The servings are very big and I couldn't eat all of it. There was delicious pita bread with a yogurt kind of dipping sauce. I had roasted chicken with my rice and a Caesar salad. And then, Elder V., who is from Hamilton, saw an old friend of his at the restaurant. This friend paid for a wonderful Greek salad for us! The problem is we were all too full! We sent it home with the Elders, with the rest of the pita bread and the yogurt dip. Anyway, it was a great evening as we got to know each other. Elder V. has only been a member of the church 2 years, and one of those is as a missionary. He joined in Alberta and was sent on a mission to Toronto which is very near Hamilton where he originates. I'll let Bob finish up.
May your tummies be full of good things!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob:  The onion. On the table before we ordered there was a plate with little containers of butter, some parsley sprigs and a huge white onion cut in half. When we had finished ordering I asked the waiter what the onion was for. He said to turn it over and take off a piece of it. Then when I was eating my meat take a small bite of onion. Basically it is about like getting onion on a burger. I ordered a dish with chicken and beef. The onion went well with the beef, but not as tasty with the chicken. The butter was to put on the rice. I never did find out about the parsley.
It was quite a nice restaurant. I don't think we have been in one as nice as it is. Going to take the Erickson's to it one evening.
Got caught up on apartments today, but still need the leases or vendors information to be returned on some of them. Still looking for about 3 apartments right now. I think we have 3 new ones coming on line the first of the month. Still need to find one more ASAP.
It's only 9:47 and I am wiped out. Yawning my head off. I will try to do better tomorrow night. Hope everyone had a beautiful today. Welcome to the family Lucas and good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Apartment decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment