Saturday 5 September 2015

September 5, 2015

Bob: It's been a long day. Started with a 4:30 alarm going off. Had to get up and leave for the temple at 5:40. A couple times a year most of the missionaries have permission to go to the temple and today was one of them. We had 25 Elders and about 10 sisters in our session. There were only 3 adult couples, Bishop Finnigan and his wife, his 1st Counselor President de Dios and his wife, plus Bonnie and I. We got home a little pass 9 and I went for an hours walk. Then it was a short nap. At 1:40 we went back to the temple to help with the new member/returning member temple baptisms. That was a full house. Didn't have a lot to do except to direct the participants where to go, etc.
When we got home this time we were both wiped out. Ate dinner, laid around for a while and now we're up and moving. Feeling better all the time.
It's only 8:25 and it is dark outside already. We have some outings planned the next month but the days shortness will cut our activities short. Going back to the Farmer's Market next Saturday and then to a local museum. The following week we are going to Niagara Falls and then to the states for some shopping. The 9th of October we are headed back to Temiskaming for Thanksgiving weekend. Might be a little cool on the lake that weekend.
See where BYU pulled off another miracle finish today. Don't know why he got in the end zone. If the play had started on the 43 he would have been a yard short I think. But we'll take any win we can get. Also, saw where Magnolia is off to a 2 - 0 start as they beat Williamstown this past weekend. I think that has turned into a good rivalry. I remember years ago when Williamstown had some pretty good basketball teams. Just saw that Valley is 2 - 0 also.
Well I had better go. Hope all is well with everyone.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I had a great birthday yesterday. The three APs sang to me first thing in the morning. Then for lunch Sister Ericksen made pulled chicken and sloppy jos, with chips, fruit, veggies and humis. Bob forgot to pick up the cake so we chatted awhile waiting for him. It was a very good cake. I was sung to three more times before the end of the day. President Clayton has a great voice and sings parts on the birthday song. The APs got the rest of the cake to take home except for two pieces, which is just what I wanted! Way too much sugar for us! I liked where we went to eat dinner, too. It was delicious. And last night I talked to my three daughters. Misty's conversation was brief so I called her back tonight. Katie is learning to drive, Ammon played his first football game, Sarah has her own cello. Michael can ride a two-wheeled bike and Serenity is, well, Serenity!
Bob has written about our day today. As I've mentioned before I like matching a name to a face at these convert baptisms for the dead. If they are recent converts I have entered their baptismal information and sent it to SLC, so in a sense, I already know them. We are still learning the dos and don'ts of having them come to the temple. The whole experience is quite gratifying.
Tomorrow we are picking up someone in North York, so we will need to be ready for church earlier than usual. We still get to sleep in which is something I look forward to all week.
May you all have a happy Sabbath day tomorrow. We love you.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment