Friday 11 September 2015

September 11, 2015

Bonnie:  I came home about 6-ish with Erickson's. Bob said he wouldn't be very long. So, I decided that I would start the blog tonight. I have the wash started and have cut up stuff for the omelette Bob wants to make when he gets home. Eating late has become something we do often. I should be used to it by now!!
I had a good day, catching up on the three histories that I keep. Unfortunately, we have had three sister missionaries go home early. This affects almost everything we do. Changes in companionships have to be made, and debit cards taken care of and furniture moved around and going home packets have to be made up. The mission sends home a disc of all the letters that a  missionary has written to the Mission President. Bob gets to do that. And there are several other things that go into it. So, that has kept the others busy. I was able to get 8 baptism packets ready today. They just need the signed letter by President Clayton and they are finished.
Well, Bob has just walked in and his cellphone is ringing. I hope this phone call won't take too long!
May everyone have a great tomorrow. We will because we are going sight-seeing! More tomorrow.

Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: In defending myself for working late I was in the office for just a little over 1 hour yesterday. So I had several things to catch up.
Finally got someone from Bell to understand it was their fax that needs to be moved. We got it scheduled for Monday morning.
Set a record at the bank today. Walked right in and right up to a teller. Only took about 10 minutes to do the deposit. They don't have drive up banking here. The drive thrus are only for the ATMs.
The weather has turned cooler and wet. Rained off and on today. Lots of people had coats and sweaters on when I stopped at the post office on my way home. It's 58 and raining lightly right now. Tomorrow's high is predicted for 61. Might be a good day to rest up and stay inside.
Got to get ready for bed. Didn't rest too well last night. Was thinking about a new missionary coming next month. His mother called yesterday evening and wanted us to send something that lists him as an insured driver. She said her company, GEICO, is refusing to remove him from their insurance unless they get an official letter stating he is insured with another company. Can't figure that out. If he drives another vehicle and has an accident the chance of GEICO paying one cent of that claim is about as possible as a snow ball lasting an hour sitting on a lighted wood stove. Told her that I would explain to the agent that either they remove the son or everyone, it is his choice. I would think they would be happy to get a teenage son off the policy.
Well it's time to get ready for bed. Everyone have an enjoyable weekend.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment