Friday 25 September 2015

September 25, 2015

Bob: Worked till 6:30 tonight and then had to stop for gas and go to the post office before getting home. Wanted to have a Costco pot pie, but it takes an hour to cook. Opted for warmed up pizza with broccoli!! The dessert made it worth it. Left to do the shopping at 7:55. After we got back I finished up the paperwork I brought home while Bonnie mopped, etc. Right now she is lying down as she bumped her head on a cupboard door. Put an ice pack on it. Didn't break the skin so I think she'll be alright by morning.
When I closed down the senior's apartment on Tuesday I found a printer in their closet. It is the same model I have at the office. Brought it home and tried it out tonight. It is about out of toner, but it works okay. Going to get a new cartridge and give it a try. Brought a printer from Florida that Scott Crossley gave me and it works. But it went through an ink cartridge in a little over a month. I think this laser should do a little better.
Nothing pressing on us for the weekend other than some cooking Bonnie wants to get done tomorrow before our 6:30 dinner appointment at Caffe Demetre and then the General Women's Conference broadcast. Sunday will be our fast Sunday as General Conference is the first Sunday in October.
Bonnie had a great conversation with a non-member today. He has had some contact with the church in Edmonton. He went to listen to one of the apostles speak and afterwards went up to shake his hand. I'll let Bonnie finish it.
Checked out the local high schools to see how they did on the gridiron tonight. Looks like Magnolia, Tyler and Valley all won. River beat up on Paden City pretty bad. It was 38 - 0 at halftime. Magnolia's victory was pretty sweet as they beat Central. We saw Central beat Magnolia last year 8 - 7 on a last minute TD and 2 point conversion. Would have liked to have seen the game this year.
Well I have got to turn this over to Bonnie. Hope all is well with everyone. Good night, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I imagine it is rare that a referral calls up the mission office to ask questions but that's what happened today about 5:30! This referral was entered into the system as "Bill unknown" because he didn't give his last name. I called him once to leave a message, needing his address before I could send missionaries his way. This young man has had some exposure to the church in Edmonton and a very spiritual experience with meeting a general authority. He is in his twenties and wanted to know if there was anything going on tonight or tomorrow with the church that he could attend! It seems almost too good to be true. He said that his values are in alignment with the church and that he wanted someone to tell him about what we believe, but that he would prefer someone that has a "deep understanding". I gave him the address for the ward I believe that he is in, and it's exactly where the Barrett's hold Institute! I invited him to Institute tonight and he said he would try to take a bus to get there by the time the soup kitchen started at 7:00. It will be very interesting to talk to Barrett's tomorrow to see if he even made it. I hope he did. He sounds like a "golden" referral. You can bet that I'll be praying for him.
Well, I've done a lot of house cleaning tonight and am quite ready for bed. Sweet dreams, everyone!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment