Saturday 26 September 2015

September 26, 2015

Bob: It has been a beautiful day here. The temperature was in the low 70s with bright sunshine. I took time to wash the car!! Been paying for it until today. Don't know how long fall will last, but it is really beautiful.
Went to Caffe Demetre tonight and we ordered a Belgium waffle called a Pomme Pilot. It was a waffle with apple crisp and ice cream. Quite good, but I am sure my blood is off the chart right now. Good time to fast!!
Bonnie is at the General Broadcast for women. All the sisters from the apartment building went together. I think there were 8 of them.
I talked to Karl Jakob and we are lined up to go to Elk Lake Thanksgiving weekend. That is the Canadian Thanksgiving. We're leaving on Friday, October 9th and coming back Sunday afternoon. Hope the weather is nice enough to fish some. He wants to take me to Jakob Lake. (He named it that as the lake doesn't have a name on the map.) The last two times he has been there he hooked a huge pike but it got off each time. The last time he had Jennifer with him so he has a witness to size of the fish. They still caught 33 pike between them. He said we would have to drag a canoe into the lake, but it should be worth it as long as the weather is good. Looking forward to it.
I hope everyone has been enjoying as beautiful weather as we have. May you each have a blessed Sabbath day tomorrow. Good night, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I really enjoyed the Broadcast tonight. We are led by powerful women and men. I liked the first talk the best but they were all good. And I love Caffe Demetre. We  shared a delicious dessert. It's been a good day because I was able to clean the whole apartment and make some apple dumplings for the Barrett's and us. This was after going to the Farmer's Market this morning.  There were lots of free things there--parking and warm weather and music of various sorts...and poetry! I bought some delicious apples and fresh corn. And we snacked on a spinach roll, a berry turnover and a cinnamon roll.  Oh, the calories!! I would have bought some salad stuff but my better half is not a salad eater and it would go bad before I could eat it all. Oh, and I think I have found a good ready-made dinner with a Costco chicken pot pie. It made for a delicious dinner tonight.
Let's all have a wonderful, restful Sabbath tomorrow.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Street Vendor

Balloon Man

No comments:

Post a Comment