Monday 14 September 2015

September 14, 2015

Bonnie:  Today is a sad day for us because Bob's brother Ed passed away. We don't know many details yet, but suffice it to say we have lost one of our most avid readers! He will certainly be missed. I'm so glad Bob has had a closer relationship with him these last several months. We are praying for Lorraine. At his request, he was cremated. There also will be no service in Florida at his request. But, perhaps there may be something in West Virginia. We  hope so. Bob should be able to get away for a week-end, and hopefully I could go, too. I think the plan now is to move Lorraine back to West Virginia and then we'll see what happens. The only good part is that he is out of pain now, free of his sick body. And we know we will be able to see him again.
Bob is working late tonight because he will be gone the next two days. I  hope he gets everything done that he desires. It will make the apartment move tomorrow a better experience for him. Wednesday is our first Zone Conference. We will be in Hamilton, about an hour away. We will keep everyone updated on what we will be doing there.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It is different writing and knowing that Eddie won't be reading the blog. He told me he read it everyday and, in fact, he would check it late at night to see if we had posted anything before he went to bed. Will miss him.
Left home at 8:30 and got home at 8:30. Finally got all the rent checks prepared and ready to mail in the morning. Adding today's rent checks to the few I have written this month to open new apartments, the mission has spent close to $120,000 on rent for just this month. We sure spend a lot of money.
Headed to Bancroft tomorrow morning as early as I can. Stopping in Peterborough to pick up a set of elders, who will be the muscle on the job! I provide the guidance!! They are about 2:15 away. Then we'll have another 1:15 to go. Should get there about noon. Hope we can load by 1:30, eat by 2:30 and maybe I can be home around 6 - 6:30. We'll see how it works out.
Weather warmed up outside today. Must have been pretty cool in the office, though, as the supply secretary spent most of the day with a blanket around her shoulders. I hope she can make it though the winter. May have to go buy her a huge heater to put under her desk. She has found a small one, but I don't think it has enough wattage.
Well I had better sign off as it is approaching 10:00 and I want to turn in early for a change.
Love to all, and good night, brother. Hope you are resting and can look down on us.
Love,
Dad/Bob

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Ed. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with him before your mission. I'm sure he's enjoying meeting all the relatives he learned about while doing family history.

    ReplyDelete