Thursday 7 January 2016

January 7, 2016

Bob:  Went to the doctor this morning. He did a throat swab and said it was negative. He then said I have laryngitis and shouldn't talk for 4 days. I have a prescription that he said to start taking in 5 days if I wasn't better. Asked for a flu shot, an A1c test, and a lipid profile. They drew the blood and said they would call if anything was abnormal. Told them I would like to know the results to compare with my past history. They said to stop back on Monday and they would give me a copy of the results. They would not fax or email it. Love their ideas here. Finally I had the doctor look at my foot. Told him I had gotten a prescription from my Utah doctor for a fungus and now the fungus was spreading so I needed more medicine. He looked at my foot and said nothing has spread. What I thought was a spreading fungus was a break in the skin. He said I needed to get an antibacterial ointment on that since I am a Type II diabetic. So for that reason I am glad I saw the doctor today.
Ended up working till 8 as I didn't get to work until between 11 and 12. Still struggling with the apartments though. Paid for one today and sent a revision of a landlord's lease revision back to him for his signature. The only thing I changed was that we didn't want the missionaries mowing grass. Should get that lease back tomorrow. And it looks like we'll be getting an apartment in Temiskaming so we can put Elders up there. Yippee!! I may have to take them up some furniture. That would be a doggone shame.
Got a Christmas package today. It included the hard drive for my computer. Can't wait to get it installed.
Hope your day has been wonderful. Have a great day tomorrow. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Christmas is coming late this year for us. Apparently we have a package and some goodies of some sort that are supposed to be delivered soon. And along with the hard drive for Bob's computer, the Rynders sent me some extra warm layers for me to wear in the cold weather here. I love it! Thanks so much!
My day was good, especially because of something that the three APs did. We have a picture of an Elder (who gave up two years of his profession as a dancer with the Australian Ballet) doing a very high leap in costume. Both legs are out to one side and  he's smiling. It's an incredible picture. So, during lunch today the three of them went into the cultural hall and took a picture of them doing the same thing (or trying to!) It is a hilarious picture! We will try to remember tomorrow to send it here so we can post it. We love these guys! They definitely try to make us laugh and lighten the load in the office by asking what they can do for us. We will be sorry to see Elder Baumgartner leave. He's been a great help to us. Our going-away lunch party is tomorrow.
May today be an esecially good day for all of you!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment