Sunday 3 January 2016

January 3, 2016

Bob: Church was good today as many YSAs were able to bear their testimonies. It was very inspiring and uplifting. Went to a new Sunday School class today as the class I have been attending, 'Preach My Gospel' has been discontinued for now. Not many had been coming to that class, but the 'Gospel Principles' class was packed to the gills. We'll see how it goes in coming weeks.
Been having trouble with our computer since we upgraded "downgraded" to Windows 10. Not only did our printer/scanner quit working but the auxiliary speakers quit also. Well tonight I finally got the speakers working. Not sure what I did but it looks like the microphone is not the default sound device on the computer.
Weather is still hovering around freezing, but will get worse tomorrow. A high in the teens is forecast. The First Mate and I will have to bundle up.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Sabbath. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It was nice to go back to our YSA Ward today. It was fun to introduce the Budgetts to them. Budgetts will do a great job. Institute starts this Friday in Toronto. I hope they have lots of young adults come.
We have some busy days ahead with MLC this Wednesday, followed by Transfers the week after. I will be ordering some boxes of Books of Mormon tomorrow, but I doubt they will come in time for transfers. I should have enough for MLC, though. It's a challenge to have enough supplies when they need to be here. You'd think I could get the hang of this by now!
Tomorrow is our monthly dinner at the Ludlow's. Bob has ordered a "Happy New Years Cake" for our dessert tomorrow night. It's always fun to attend these gatherings! And I will be able to pass out two more January Ensigns to Senior couples. That leaves me with just three to mail to the couples who are MLS and live far away.
I hope for a wonderful New Year for all of us. May it be the best year yet, especially as we follow Christ. We love you all!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment