Saturday 16 January 2016

January 16, 2016

Bob: I apologize for not writing anything last night, but by the time I got home I was just too tired. We left for work a little early Friday and then I had to go buy some chairs, 2 box springs, and some bed frames for an apartment. Then we loaded everything in the trailer and I took off for Oshawa at about 3:10. Didn't get back till after 7 and then I worked till 10 before coming home. I was beat.
Today was a bit better. Slept till 8, which is early for a Saturday for us. Exercised and then started running errands. Had to go to the bank, unlock my phone at Rogers, get a hair cut, buy some socks and boots, and return a mission car to the office. At 6:00 we went to RD's Southern Barbeque with the Ericksons, Cannons, and Budgetts. We tried to go to the Mandarin, but we needed reservations I guess. I called about reservations, but the guy told me they didn't take reservations till after 8:30 which didn't make a lot of sense to me. So we drove to the restaurant and they told us that they couldn't seat us till after 8:30. So I think something must be lost in the translation.
Had a good time at RD's, but I learned that I don't want medium hot sauce. Mild is plenty warm enough. Brought most of mine home. In fact. I think everyone brought something home.
Weather was pretty nice today. Some sunshine, no snow and temperatures near 32 most of the day.
Signing off for the night. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Last night while Bob was working I went shopping and then did the wash. That doesn't sound like much, but it is. It's hard to find things in the grocery stores here. They are arranged very differently than the stores in the States. It took me two hours to do the shopping, and then I had to go from the underground parking to our apartrment (thank goodness it's on the second floor!) to get the cart so I could get all of the groceries up to our apartment. Then I did the wash. It's not easy to get everythng downstairs to the main level where the washing machines are. I got done with everything just about the time that Bob got home. We both were tired!
I  have all of my valentine stuff out in our apartment. It's not much, but it cheers me up when I see it. I'm going to get something for the "Tender Mercy Jar" at the mission office, too. I think it will make the missionaries happy to see it.
Today I had a good long talk with my sister Bette, which was wonderful. We talked about my brother Jan, who will be moving sometime soon from where he is to a group home in California. He has lived at the Sonoma Developmental Center for over 50 years so this will be a major change for him. Other than that, today was full of errands. Bob got a good pair of boots at the Mall across the street. We decided at our dinner tonight that it would be good to start a Family Home Evening group once a month for the senior couples. We will be doing it on the third Sunday night of each month, and take turns leading a discussion on one or two of the latest conference talks. That will be great, I think. We will include the temple couples, too. It will be something great to look forward to.
Well, it's time to turn in, so I will close. May we all have an enjoyable Sabbath day tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment