Saturday 23 January 2016

January 23, 2016

Bob: Had a relaxing day. Rolled out at about 8:15. Finally finished my walk, showered, and ready to leave about 11:30. We had a couple things to pick up or we probably wouldn't have left then. It was a nice bright, sunny day today. Been watching the news and we see that the eastern part of the US is being hammered with snow and freezing rain. Hope everyone survives okay.
We had a set of Sisters over for dinner this evening and then the Budgetts came down later to just visit.
We are leaving early for Church tomorrow so there won't be any sleeping in tomorrow. There is a baptism at 10:00 and we are picking up 2 riders on the other side of town. We will be leaving at just a little past 9:00 in the morning. Looks like we will have a little down time between 11 and noon when our Sacrament Meeting starts.
Got my phone unlocked this week. Have everything up and running now including unlimited text to the USA. Did not realize I was being charged for text previously.
Going to get ready for bed now. Hope everyone is safe from the storm and warm. Love to everyone and good night brothers.
I think Bonnie's gravy had some leftover butter tart filling added to it. We aren't sure, but the gravy had a sweet taste to it. Everyone ate it except me though. Too sweet for me.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It's been a wonderful day. For dinner tonight with the Sister missionaries, I used some leftover turkey to make croissants and they turned out well, except for the gravy. I thought I was defrosting turkey gravy from my freezer, but it ended up being something else! So, the gravy tonight was interesting to say the least. And dessert went well. I served warm brownies with ice cream and chocolate syrup. The Sisters are sweet and it was a joy to have them over.
I was able to accomplish everything I needed to do today and so I feel prepared for the Sabbath. It will be a long day tomorrow with the baptism at 10:00, but well worth it, I'm sure.
A blessed Sabbath, everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment