Wednesday 6 January 2016

January 6, 2015

Bonnie:  Well, another MLC is over and it gets better each time we do it. Today, Sister Erickson and I did the waffles while the men stayed in the office and worked. It went quickly and we were done by about 5:00! Unfortunately, the Cannon's had to miss it today because of a medical emergency that came up. They'll be there for transfers, though.
We've decided to have our farewell dinner for Elder Baumgartner on Saturday night, after a baptism which will be at 5:00. Bob has decided that he wants to make his famous potato soup. We'll have to do that Friday night I guess. I will already have the cornbread made because I have to make some for Friday's going away party at the office. It will be a busy day Saturday with the convert baptisms for the dead at 11:30. That will be followed by the YSA temple session and their proxy baptisms, and then the baptism of a wonderful YSA at 5. So much for our "P" day!! It will be a wonderful day, though. I'm sure of it!
Well, this will be short because Bob and I are tired. And he will be going to get some tests tomorrow. I'll be leaving earlier than usual because I'm going with the Erickson's. They leave by about 8:10.
Love to all, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Long day at the office. I didn't get home till after 8. But I don't have to leave in the morning till right before 9:00. Just going across the street to the clinic. Didn't get there today as no one was available to take Bonnie to the office.
I am beginning to feel like a real property manager. We are having all sorts of problems trying to rent apartments. One condo association turned us down because they don't rent to two single people!! I think the ACLU would have a field day here. The owner of the condo wants to rent to us, but the condo association turned the application down. One good thing though, the owner is a lawyer. And he is very upset over this. He is going after his condo association. We can't contribute to his fight, but I will sure cheer him on.
This evening Elder Forsyth came into my office and said he felt inspired to wear his best tie today. It was a solid purple tie. Didn't look that special, but he said it was his best. And then he said that much to his amazement the other A/Ps and Brampton Z/Ls felt inspired to wear their best ties today. too. They had on the same tie! I told them to get out as I felt inspired to tell them I didn't believe them!! (I love these Elders--they are so funny! Bonnie)
I don't think I mentioned the photograph I saw at Jerry Martin's house. An area photographer, Bryan Lemasters, took a picture of Reader, WV. If you get a chance, go to his website, "bryan lemasters photography" and look at picture number 45 in his second gallery. The home I grew up in is in the picture on the left side near the picture border. Not much of the house can be seen except the chimney that goes from the ground to the top of the house. Going to get that picture for our home back in Lindon.
Well got to get to bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment