Friday 1 January 2016

January 1, 2016

Bob: Happy New Year. 2016 has finally arrived. May this be tons better for everyone than 2015.
We went to see Star Wars tonight with the medical couple, Elder and Sister Cannon. Everyone loved it except me. I thought it was okay, just another movie of the same thing though. I have never been a big Star Wars fan. I want to go see the last Hunger Games movie. Maybe we can do that tomorrow! First I want to see if I can find a warm coat for my freezing wife.
Temperatures are hovering around freezing during the day which means it's colder at night. On Monday the high is predicted to be 14 so the weather is definitely changing. The high humidity and strong winds just make it colder. And we had snow flurries for a while, but no accumulation.
Went with the new CES couple today to look at the furniture we have stored in the storage units. They were able to get some things they still needed. Their furniture might not be seen in Better Homes and Gardens, but they are quite content with what they have. They served a previous mission in Samoa, so everything here is quite a bit different from what they had before.
Bonnie made us a broccoli casserole today. Didn't eat any of it though. Want to heat it up and eat it tomorrow. It is always better heated up I think.
Talked with my 3 kids today and everyone said they are doing well except for Joey. She is having a problem with a bulging disc in her back. Has a doctor's appointment soon and then she hopes to get another shot for it like she did about 3 years ago. It has been fine up until recently when it flared up again. She has new insurance now so she has to have a doctor's 'consultation' before any treatment.
I'll call it a day for now. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I really liked the Star Wars movie. It brought back memories of seeing the previous moves with my kids. What do you all think? Did you like it?
I accomplished lots today which makes me happy. Because of New Years Day the office was closed. That means that tomorrow is another day to do fun stuff! And we can sleep in! We will be going to the temple and then looking for a coat for me. My other one is warm enough, but it collects all kinds of lint and looks horrible most of the time. The Cleaners did the best they could, but it won't last for long. So, I am looking forward to another fun day!
I hope all of you had an enjoyable evening last night bringing in the new year and that your first day of 2016 was good.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment