Friday 22 January 2016

January 22, 2016

Bob: Interesting day at work. Got most things caught up except for the end of December filing. We usually get our operating statement around the 7th and then I file the monthly expenditures away. Didn't get the year-end statement until today. So that will need done next Monday.
Also solved the 22 page lease problem today. Sent it to Salt Lake and one guy said he didn't seen any major problems, but thought we should run it by the legal department. He said he would send it over to them, but he didn't know when someone might look at it. I told him to just forget about sending it over and that we would just pass on this apartment. So I called the listing agent and told them we couldn't review the lease so we would just pass on the lease. He began to try to assure me that there was nothing wrong and he would have me talk to someone else about it as he didn't know that much aboutwhat was in it. Told him I didn't want to bother with that because my relator was already preparing an offer on another place and that they could just rent it to someone else. He said okay and that was it. So we have another offer in and are waiting to see it they will accept it. Still think we can find something nice before the Backus' arrive from Arizona.
We are also trying to rent another basement apartment for the Ossington Zone for the young missionaries. Found one we liked and made an offer to start the lease on the 1st of March. Their relator came back and asked us to pay half a month's rent for February and they would do it. Told them to rent it to someone else, too. So we don't have anything here either. However, the Sisters presently in the apartment don't want to move now. I talked to them about it and told them the apartment has had bedbug problems off and on so we are going to move out when we find another place. That probably won't happen now until April because of the 60 day vacate notice we are required to give. You have to give 60 days notice from the end of the current month and the notice must be in their hands before the end of the current month. So to leave at the end of March I would have to ensure they had the vacate notice on or before Jan 31. That leaves us 9 days and 4 of them are on the weekend. I don't think we could make it unless we drove the vacate notice to them, which I am not interested in doing.
Did the shopping tonight after dinner. We drove 8 miles to another Walmart on the other side of Brampton. It is newer and cleaner that the other 3 that are nearer. Bonnie said it was worth the few extra miles.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Good night brothers and love to all.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  This Walmart is not only cleaner, we also don't have to put a dollar in the shopping carts to get one. That's how they keep the carts from getting taken, I guess. And this Walmart is not nearly as busy as the other ones, at least not yet. It was nice not having to deal with crowds of people!
Today was a good day and there is one thing I want to record. I got a phone call from a missionary in Germany wanting to know if we had any Persian Bibles. We have two actually. He wants to know how to get one. I told him I would email him back any information I could find. The Online Distribution Store does not have them any more! So, I called my favorite Farsi Elders and asked them. Elder Vanderzanden said the Church is almost finished with translating a King James version of the Bible in Farsi. The other ones were a translation of the "new" Bibles that other churches use and was printed by a Bible Society. He said the churches translation will have language like the Book of Mormon and that will be a very good thing. When I asked him how he knew this he said that he knows a man who was a missionary here in our mission who is over the committee that is translating it! I can't wait to have some of those on our shelves.
Next week the preparations MLC begin again. The time really seems to be flying by. I hope everyone had a good day today and that all is well with each of you and your families.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment