Thursday 28 January 2016

January 28, 2016

Bonnie:   I think I may have to keep my boots in the car! None of the weather forecasts that I saw for today suggested snow. But, sure enough, it fell as the day wore on and it got colder and colder. I really could have used my boots.
I finally received all of the orders for MLC and ESL supplies. So, now the work begins as I run off flyers (only 2400 this time) and I order name tags--three pages worth, and as I try to decipher the hand-writing of the Zone Leaders so I can put together their orders. I must admit it is getting easier each time I do it. We should have plenty of supplies, except for the media referral bibles. They are still on back-order. I have ordered 240 so far. I hope to get some soon because the referrals keep coming in and many of them request a bible.
I went to the temple tonight with Laura. I really enjoyed the session, though it was small. I love seeing so many people that I know. It's quite a delight.
I hope all of you have experienced something delightful today as well. Let's pray for good things to happen and then thank our Heavenly Father for the tender mercies that come our way!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Drove home in the snow tonight. It started sometime this afternoon as I saw the flurries out my window. Did not realize it was accumulating. I would guess there was about an inch on the car. Bonnie had already left with Laura to go to the temple. Main streets were okay, but the off-ramp from 410 wasn't too clear until you got right up close to the stop light. Considering the ramp is 'S' shaped it was a little hairy pulling off the freeway about 60 MPH and hitting the snow. But me and the guy in front of me made it okay.
Haven't done much tonight but pay the credit card bills. Been a relaxful night.
Saw Christian's text tonight with gas under 0.70 cents a gallon. Wish it would come to Canada. We have dipped to 77 cents a liter, but it is up in the 80s and 90s now depending on where you go. There is a station right as we get off 410 coming home that is usually 15 cents higher than the stations near our office. And these prices change almost every day, during the day. It is always cheaper coming home then going to work.
Have to go to bed. Wish everyone a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment