Wednesday 13 January 2016

January 13, 2016

Bonnie:  It's been another good day, much more peaceful than yesterday for sure. I got one of my supply orders that I wish  had come yesterday in time for Transfers. Oh well. I'll figure this out sometime!
I stayed until 6:00 and then was picked up by my visiting teaching companion. We travelled about 30-40 minutes to reach one of the two sisters that we are assigned. I am thankful that she was driving because it is still snowy outside. I really enjoyed our visit. It was so nice to get together and just talk. I was home by 8:15. I don't know how we will be able to see our other young single adult. She is busy on the nights when we can come during the week. It may mean a Saturday visit.
I'll now let Bob finish up. I'm tired and want to get to bed soon. My love to all of our readers.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Got the Temiskaming apartment under contract today. Need one more in Waterloo, another in Ossington, and a senior apartment in Brampton. Asked one of the temple couples today if they would go with the realtor and look at apartments for this senior couple. They said they would be glad to do that. So that will save me some time.
I paid some bills today and then went with the Assistants for lunch and loading furniture. Then I took the furniture and headed for Tillsonburg, about 90 miles away. Before I left Bonnie had me take a couple of packages to be dropped off to a set of sisters along the way. Well, Elder Gleave told me a good place to meet them. With that said I figured the sisters would know where that place was. You know what you get when you assume something. Suffice it to say it took more time to drop the items off than I had planned on. The sisters finally said they had no idea where the place was that I wanted to meet them.
I ended up getting home about 9:00. Had to stop for gas and a car wash. They spread the salt on heavy and often here. Gets all over and under the cars. A 90-day car wash pass costs $189 plus 13% tax, but I figure I'll get the cost per wash down pretty low if I use it enough. Elder Erickson and I split a card earlier this year. I'll give him and Elder Cannon an opportunity tomorrow to buy into it if they want.
Got to get to bed now. Love to everyone and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment