Wednesday 27 January 2016

January 27, 2016

Bonnie:  Last night was great, especially with Sonu. He is a tall, rather big man whose family is from India. He really liked Institute, which is saying alot because he is shy by nature. He is a "returning" member and it is wonderful that he is coming back to church.
There is nothing real special about today, other than the fact that we got home early, about 6:00. I was able to make dinner and we've been "zoning out" all evening. I love having an evening like this in the middle of the week! Tomorrow I hope to go to the temple one last time before it closes for cleaning. I have one more name of Bob's that needs an endowment. Then, it's the usual stuff like wash and shopping on the week-end. We hope to go with the other senior couples out to eat at the Mandarin late Saturday afternoon, though. That will be fun.
Today I finally got all the information together to send to the parents about packages sent from over the border. It seems like it all changes depending upon who I talk to, especially at UPS. There is no way to anticipate how much a package will cost and if it will incur customs charges and Canadian taxes. It's a royal pain to deal with UPS, especially. Time will tell if I got all the information I needed.
The time seems to fly--I can't believe it's almost the end of January! I need to make the most of being here. I really miss my family--children and grandchildren, so I have decided to do all I can to be a profitable servant of the Lord. That way I can say without a doubt this mission is worth everything I have given up to be here.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: I agree with Bonnie that there wasn't anything special about today. Things at work would pop up and they would be handled. Caught up on everything except the phone report. Need to look into these extra charges and see if they can be reduced/eliminated.
Our internet was down for a little while this evening. Don't know what happened but I received a notice on my phone that the internet signal was strong but not of good quality. Have no idea what that meant. Rebooted the router and things came back on.
Warmed up into the 30s today so it was pleasant outside. Wind is howling again right now. I think tomorrow is supposed to be another good day.
Starting to try to put together tax information. Not sure how I'm going to get everything I need. Going to file for an extension first and then fine tune everything for October when we file.
Well I'm going to bed. Hope your day was great. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment