Thursday 1 October 2015

October 1, 2015

Bonnie:  It was cool this morning as we went to the office. I'm glad I had on an extra layer. My desk is in an area that is always cooler than the rest of the office, so I make good use of the heater! It really helps. I went home with the Erickson's so Bob could work late. He got home about 7:30 tonight. It worked out well because I had the wash almost completely done by the time he got home.  I heard today from the Bishop that sent a $500 gift card to one of the Elders that got lost. He called and said that someone had the card and spent the money! But, he is sending another one that should come tomorrow by the same delivery service. I pray it gets here ok. I'm not sure I trust the delivery company! We'll see what happens. I also worked on referrals today. They have changed the system and I'm not sure I like how it's done now. In fact, I will be calling Salt Lake tomorrow with my questions. It seems harder to do in some ways.
May you all enjoy the lovely fall weather--
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Very productive day at work. Got caught up on almost everything. Tomorrow I will be able to spend some time trying to put together the phone/text report. Had to leave the office for about an hour today or I would have been able to start the report today.
Bonnie is right about the weather. It is cooler. Almost needed a jacket today. When I was out it was above cold. I stayed in the sun so I was okay. Tomorrow I'll need a sweater if it doesn't warm up. High is supposed to be 56. I see Lindon is 81. How would it be!! Hope it warms up next weekend when we are in Temiskaming.
We have been trying to get Bonnie signed up to receive social security benefits. We thought it was all set up to start on the 2nd Wednesday of September, but it didn't. We called about it and they said they needed a voided check to start it. In June when she signed up they said they had the check and everything was okay. We specifically remember that because they had requested a voided check for a Canadian bank. We had to call Baltimore about that and explain that although we were in Canada we wanted the check deposited to our US bank. So she checked our records and verified that they had our account and we did not need to send anything. The wheels of the government never seem to turn smoothly. There always seems to be a wobble to them. I signed onto Bonnie's social security account tonight and it says her next payment will be made Oct 2. We will see tomorrow.
Well I'm signing off for tonight. Hope baby Lucas is letting Lori get some rest. Matter of fact, I hope all our grandchildren are blessing our children's lives with rest, peace and comfort. Good night all and good night, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment