Friday 23 October 2015

October 23, 2015

Bonnie: I thought I would start the blog tonight because Bob is listening to the Jays play Kansas City, while he eats a Neilsen's chocolate bar. We hope the Jays win tonight, but of course time will tell. It was a good day today, but full of interesting twists and turns. Baptism records keep coming in so it makes for lots of time on the computer. I'm also trying to talk to two sisters who have gone home, one about a package of hers that came after she left, and one who was sent a pair of shoes and work-out stuff that belong to a sister still here on her mission! I also had to take care of a huge mistake I made on a baptismal record--the man's last name is Michelle, and I thought it was "her" first name! So, I had to talk to SLC about that! I will have President Clayton sign another letter congratulating him on his baptism. I ordered name tags and then supplies at the LDS Online Store. I got a call from the Calgary Alberta Mission about an investigator that the missionaries there had been teaching. He has moved to Toronto. He has been seeing the missionaries since March. The Elders there wanted him to be invited to church this Sunday but they had no address, just a phone number. So, I contacted the APs who directed me to the Zone leaders in Toronto. They, in turn, will give the number to some Spanish speaking Elders. I am interested to know if he comes to church. Then, an Elder's driving permit came in. His current permit runs out Sunday, so he had to get the new one soon. The problem is he does not live close. So, we had to figure something out. Fortunately, Elder Barrett was there and he took it to Institute tonight and gave it to another teacher who lives in this Elder's ward. A tender mercy for sure! There are many tender mercies I see the longer that I serve. The Lord has really blessed me and the missionaries here.
May He bless all of you, as well!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Time out from the game. Blue Jays just blew a big chance. First 2 batters walk and then the next guy can't complete a bunt. The next guy hits a deep fly ball that would have scored a run if the previous batter could have put down a bunt. Third guy hit a rocket, but right at the 3rd baseman. Luckily the Jays pitcher is throwing rockets right now. Hope he keeps them in the game. He just struck out his 4th in a row.
Starting to look for apartments in another zone. 2 sisters went with the realtor tonight and found one that they like. I hope we can make an offer this weekend so we can get the sisters out of the dump they are in.
Weather is turning a little cooler for the weekend. Might get a bad case of 'cabin fever' this weekend as it's too cold to do anything outside. We might hit one of the outlet malls tomorrow.
I see that Magnolia beat up on Tyler pretty bad tonight. Valley won, but Paden City lost. A lot of points scored tonight by several teams.
Better close for the night. Love to all and good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment