Wednesday 14 October 2015

October 14, 2015

Bonnie:  It's been a good day and I got to come home early with Erickson's. Bob had quite a bit to do. He got home about 8:30 tonight. It was nice just to putter around the house. Yesterday was totally crazy.  I was able to get some Elders to give a blessing that someone called about. And someone left two pairs of heavy winter gloves on my desk. When I asked the APs about it they didn't know who they belonged to. When I suggested that we give them to someone who needed them for the winter they knew exactly where they needed to go--to an Elder in Timmons, the farthest north in the mission, where it gets the coldest. There is an Elder there from the islands--Samoa or Tonga probably--who doesn't even have a coat yet. So, that's where they will go.
Transfers are coming up and one of our APs is going home :(  We will be having cake as our parting gift to him. I can't believe how close I feel to them! They are like my sons!! He will really be missed in the office. Anyway, I'm trying to be prepared for all of the changes that will come with transfers. We are getting about 20 new missionaries. Also, Sis. Erickson may be leaving for her mother's funeral soon. That means I have to be prepared to take over for her. She spent time with me this morning trying to teach me how to do the "Letters of Residency" which each missionary must have to use the public library on Mondays to email home. An important thing, of course. So, I have to get on IMOS, the church's internet system, do two mail merges to get the letters made up. There must be 10- 12 steps to it.  Each day I will practice until I totally can do it on my own. That's only a small part of what she does. I will have to have the Lord's help with this for sure. She is working ahead as much as she can. She takes care of all of the details for flights in and out for new and leaving missionaries and packets for all of them as well. She also organizes the temple trips, new convert ones, as well as the final temple session for the missionaries who are leaving.With the Lord's help I know I can do it, but it will be challenging. Well, I'll let Bob add his thoughts and then my PJs are calling me! Good night, everyone!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It was a long day, but not difficult. Usually on the 14th of the month I try to get the rent payments entered. That takes a while as I have to update some of the apartment payments due to rent increases, etc. There were about 15 of these adjustments that had to be made today. Once that is all done I run a report listing what the rents are for the current month. As a double check I compare the current month's rent with the previous month's rent and find out why there are any differences. Once the differences are reconciled I can enter the payments. Then tomorrow, if the President okays the payments I can print the checks and get them ready to mail. It takes a little time as there are about 80 checks to print and stick in envelopes. (Just checked IMOS and the President has okayed the payments. There are 72 checks to print, etc.) That will be first thing to do tomorrow.
Going downtown tomorrow to close another apartment. This one shouldn't be too bad. The missionaries have moved everything out. They are going over earlier tomorrow to clean it. The landlord and I will get there around 1:00 and then hopefully we can close the book on it.
It is a happy day in Toronto as their Blue Jays won their baseball game today to advance to the American League Championship series. People up here are passionate about their baseball team. I think they would support a NFL team without any problem.
Better get ready for bed. Love to all and good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment