Wednesday 28 October 2015

October 28, 2015

Bonnie:  We did have a good time last night at Institute. Tonight we were home, had dinner and did the dishes by 6:45!!. This is some kind of record for us. We have enjoyed just laying around, doing nothing tonight. There was the possibility of going with the missionaries to an appointment this evening but it didn't work out.
Today at the office I accomplished two big things: a Staples order and ordering the business cards for the ESL classes. It's always so important to get all of the information correct on the cards, and it changes from month to month. I hope next time to have a complete list on one page with the exact details before I start. Maybe I need to "train" these APs a bit better so I can have that each time!
Today Sister Erickson's mother passed away. It was expected, but it is still hard to deal with the loss of someone so dear. They will go to the funeral next week-end, probably leaving a week from tomorrow and coming back Sunday or Monday. It's the same week-end Bob and I are hosting a going away dinner for the Barrett's. That is also the Saturday that the mission asks the new converts to come to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. Bob and I will be playing key roles that afternoon, helping it all run smoothly for the nervous converts as they enter the temple for the first time. As we have written, it's a great experience. It will make for a very busy day, though.
I don't know how many of my children are reading our blog, but I am having huge issues with my ipad and cannot get on facebook. So, if it's important, please email me or call and I will call you back. I hate feeling so out of touch with my children and grand-children!
I will let Bob finish up. Please know of my love for all of you!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It is good to get a night off. Just sitting here listening to Grandpa Elliott and 'Playing for Change' on YouTube. There are some really talented people to be found almost anywhere in the world. Take a look at him on YouTube.
I think I was able to take care of the bus passes today. I think we got about 15000. worth! Cheaper than several more cars and paying for parking downtown.
I just deleted FACEBOOK from Bonnie's tablet and downloaded it again. Tried to sign her in but it failed and now we can't find it anywhere.
Been working of the phone/text report some more lately. I am able to review the early and late calls now, but there aren't many of them. Going to try to do the rest of the calls tomorrow to determine if missionaries are calling out of their area, etc. Not looking forward to doing the texts though. That file is about 5 times larger than the calls file. Just doing the calls slows down the computer. I think we need a fast computer.
Been raining most of the day, but it was expected. They said on the news this morning the rain was caused by the recent hurricane. We sure seem a long way from the storm to be affected by it.
Bonnie got some good news today. They are predicting their warmest winter ever in Canada. That comes the year after the coldest winter ever!! We'll see how that plays out.
Well I had better quit for now. Bonnie is trying to call ATT about her tablet. We'll see if that does any good.
Love to all and good night brother.
Dad/Bob




No comments:

Post a Comment