Friday 30 October 2015

October 30, 2015

Bob: Oh what a day. Started by taking the truck and cargo trailer to some Elders in North York so they could move their apartment tomorrow and the Sisters' apartment on Tuesday. They are supposed to bring everything back on Wednesday when we have MLC. Hope all goes well for them.
In the afternoon I called the leasing agent for our apartment building. On Wednesday they told me they had vacancies coming up by the middle of the month. I told them I needed one for Nov 16. They said the'd email the application and accompanying paperwork right over. Well, I was still waiting for it. I made about half a dozen calls before someone took the time to get the paperwork sent over.
After work the Ericksons and us decided to go to RD's Southern BBQ. We had some mail that had come in for President Clayton so Bonnie called to alert him about it. He said to bring it with us and they would meet us at RD's. So all 6 of us went. I'm trying to get pictures from them to show you what we had. The owner of the place came out and talked to us for a while. He asked about the missionaries and their not stopping at his restaurant for Thanksgiving. President Clayton explained that almost all of them spent Thanksgiving with some members at their homes. The owner went on to say that he knew the missionaries sometimes spent a little too much of their money before the month ended. He said if any of them ever need a meal and can't afford one to come to his restaurant and he would take care of them. President thanked him for his offer. As we left the President and the owner were speaking to each other in French I believe. As they parted both were laughing.
After that Bonnie and I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few things. I had a couple interesting experiences/thoughts while there. For starters, Bonnie gave me a list of things to buy for the office and the first-aid kits for the missionaries. So I did my best at picking out the items listed. Once everything was collected I took them to her for her approval. I did pretty good except for two items. So I said I will go back and get them. She said, "Well I am almost done." Now being a man I assumed that meant I could get the 2 items, meet her at the check out and get out of there. So I went back to the pharmacy and exchanged the 2 items. When I got back to the check out I couldn't find her. So I checked out and headed to the car. When I got to the car she wasn't there. I loaded everything into the trunk, put my cart away and went back to the check out area. Still couldn't find her. Walked all through the grocery department, but still no Bonnie. About that time I got a text from the CES couple. They wanted Bonnie to call them about a party they are having tomorrow night. Texted back I would tell her if I could ever find her, but right now she was lost in Walmart!!
Realized with my phone in hand I could probably find her. She answered that she was in the card section across from the pharmacy. (She purchased 4 cards.) With all this in mind I had a great thought. We have a dollar store that Bonnie loves to shop at. They have small carts you can push around the store. Attached to these carts are long poles that stick up in the air. Why they have them I don't know. But wouldn't it be a marvelous idea to put a flashing light on the poles and then put a harness on the pole that your spouse could wear while she is shopping. That way you can find her!!!!!
The 2nd experience I had at Walmart was while I was checking out. I was facing the cashier so the exit area was behind me. I began to notice a rotten smell like a plugged toilet. I looked around and the restrooms (called washrooms in Canada) were right behind me. So I assumed it was the washrooms that I smelled. Anyway I checked out and walked away from the area. However, the smell wasn't going away! And it didn't go away till I was outside. I told Bonnie that I thought I must have had an accident and didn't even know it, the smell was so strong! But when I went back inside the smell returned. Finally decided to my relief that it was the washroom after all!!
Once I found Bonnie and checked out we made it home without further incident.
Good night to all. God bless and have a wonderful weekend. Good night brother.
Love,
Bob/Dad

Bonnie:  The tall poles on the little carts at the dollar store are so no one can take the carts outside. I didn't worry about Bob finding me because I knew he would call. Men!
I had a full day with interesting things happening. I am dealing with packages from home for the missionaries. I don't know if they are for Christmas or not, so I have been emailing the parents with each one I get. I have two stacks so far--one stack to be delivered Wednesday at MLC and another one with packages that I don't know when to deliver. Time will tell, I guess. I just wish the parents would email me back.Then, a man called me three times trying to get through to the temple to put a name on the prayer roll. He didn't know who else to call. SL was fixing the line but I finally found a number that worked. Then, the uncle of one of our missionaries came in and wanted to know where to go to get candy and treats for his nephew. He came back loaded. I know this missionary and his companion will be happy about that! I texted the President to ask about skyping Farsi/Persian missionary discussions to Calgary. And the answer came back a resounding yes! Then I had one of the best experiences I've had so far on our mission. This morning a young man who looked like he was from India or the Middle East came into the office and asked, "Is this a church?" I said yes and then he asked me if he could go in and pray! This took me by surprise and since I was busy on the phone, Elder Erickson came in and took him into the chapel and talked to him. As a child he had attended a Catholic school. Now his family was having lots of trouble, and since our church is in his neighborhood he decided he would ask us if he could pray at our church! Elder Erickson invited him to church there Sunday. We'll see what happens. The Elders who attend this ward are ecstatic! So, it was a very good day, especially having dinner out with Erickson's and Clayton's. And, to top it all off, Chris called. We will be getting together at Christmas for sure! They only live about 6 1/2 hours away. That really makes me happy!
Well, I've rambled enough. My hope this night is for happiness and peace to all.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie


1 comment: