Sunday 18 October 2015

October 18, 2015

Bob: Pretty good day. Slept in again till almost 8:30. Don't know how I will make it up in the morning at 5:45. That will be a real challenge. Got a head start by taking a nap this afternoon for at least an hour.
Went to Mississauga today to pick up a YSA sister for church. When we took her back we stopped at the homes of a couple YSA members that haven't been attending. Found one at home and the other one was at work. We got a warm reception at each home so we'll stop again in a couple weeks.
Got our YSA updates done tonight except for the English sisters. Still waiting for their call, but the Z/L are making transfer calls tonight. That might interfere with our call!
We will be out late again tomorrow night and Tuesday. Also, Tuesday is transfer day and orientation for the arriving missionaries. Bonnie has to fill in for Sister Erickson on Tuesday because she has flown home to see her mother who is under hospice care. She and Elder Erickson will be travelling back to California when the funeral occurs.
Going to close for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I just got off of the phone with Jeff and family. I love talking to my children and grand-children! I hope all of them are well tonight.
It is transfers and, as Bob wrote, the APs are making the calls tonight. All of the missionaries are anticipating a phone call about what changes will be made.We are getting many new missionaries--I think between 12 and 19. We'll know tomorrow. It will mean lots of changes, which affects everything that we do in the office. I hope that I can cover for Sis. Erickson and not mess up anything. She is better on the computer than I am.
Church was good today. We had the high councilman speak and he talked about the atonement.Then, there were several interviews for the Bishop. Only one fell through and I will get him next week. Munch and Mingle was good--we had baked potatoes with toppings. Several of the men came back for seconds. I'm glad we were able to stop on the way home to see two more of our less-active YSAs--well, one was working as Bob wrote. We will feel comfortable going back in a week or two with an Institute brochure in hand.
Well, it is late and I need to retire. May everyone  have a wonderful week ahead!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment