Saturday 3 October 2015

October 3, 2015

Bob: What a relaxing day listening to General Conference. We went to Walmart the first thing this morning, but have spent the rest of the day inside out of the cold weather. I did take the time to go for a walk outside. I had to wear a hooded sweatshirt and a jacket because of the wind. Without the wind it wasn't too bad, but the wind sent chills through me.
It was a real blessing to be able to stay at home and watch all 3 sessions of conference today. I think this is the first day since I got to Canada that I haven't shaved. Will probably have to clean up tomorrow morning as we are going to go watch Sunday Conference with the Erickson's. I can't go out looking like a bum!!
Conference was great although I didn't take many notes. Tried to listen more for the remarks that seemed intended for me. It was a historical day seeing 3 new apostles called. I remember when they called Elders Uchtdorf and Bednar the same day. Other than that I only remember one being called at a time. After the 2nd session of conference we were able to watch the 3 of them in a joint interview with the news media. None of the 3 knew who the other 2 were until there names were announced in Conference. They said that most of their families didn't even know of their calls.
Hope everyone is happy and doing well. I hope everyone knows how really blessed we are. Our mission assignments are becoming more routine and less spontaneous which is a blessing in our lives. Good night to one and all especially brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It has been a good day. There were several wonderful talks. One I liked was the talk by Elder Larry Lawrence. If you remember, he asked all of us tonight when we pray to ask the Lord what is keeping us from progressing. And then to wait for an answer. Also, Elder Robert D. Hales mentioned something that Grandpa Keyes used to tell Kevin: to "straighten up and fly right!" It was a great talk to the YSA's. And, Mothers, who could not shed a tear of two in hearing Elder Holland's talk about the love of mothers. I really appreciated that talk! I'm not familiar with the new apostles, except that Chris texted me that Elder Renland was the one who interviewed him about working at BYU. I'm so grateful for our Prophet and all of the apostles! We are so blessed! Tomorrow will be wonderful, as well. I'm going to take some humis, my newest favorite treat, with crackers and veggies to the Erickson's.  Bob will also take crackers and some cookies that were on sale this morning at the Metro. In the morning I will work on the talk I have to give next Sunday when we go up north for the Canadian Thanksgiving at Jakob's. This has been a very nice break from the usual routine.
May all of us get our questions answered as we listen to the rest of conference tomorrow!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment