Tuesday 6 October 2015

October 6, 2015

Bob: Very interesting day. There were apartment problems all day long. First of all, the Elders in Orillia called and said their commode was back flowing with #@^%$$!! Told them to call the landlord, who lives in the other half of the duplex. They said they couldn't. He is in England!! So they called the city. The city came out and said it wasn't their problem. So there we sit. Can't use the facilities so the Z/L are busy getting them a temporary place to stay.
Called the Sisters who have roaches everywhere. The owner and super came up and looked around and said, yes, the apartment needs fumigated. We'll get it done a week from Thursday!! I called the super back and of course she couldn't come to the phone. Had the sisters pack up and move out. Instructed them to tell the super when the roaches were gone they would be back. Called the super back and she still couldn't talk. So I told the other receptionist to give the super a message that I would not be sending any rent for the days the Sisters couldn't use their apartment. We'll see how that shakes out next month.
Still looking for an apartment for the Farsi Elders. Have about 4 apartments to look at in the morning with the realtor. I'm sure some of them will be alright, but the landlord doesn't have to rent to you if he doesn't want.
Believe me, Institute was a welcome break tonight. The class did not have any silent moments. The young men were all willing to offer something about what was being discussed. It was good.
Well, the first mate is about to fall asleep. Got to put her in bed. Love to everyone and good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  We had a great class at Institute tonight. They had lots of material to cover and did a great job doing it. I'm glad we went.
I have noticed small miracles on our mission. Another one happened today. Yesterday I ordered a French Triple Combination for President Clayton. (He went on a mission to Quebec and is now teaching someone who speaks French. President also said at our meeting that part of Quebec may be put into our mission soon.) I also ordered some English materials for one of the missionaries who is from France and would like to learn English better. The French Triples and the English materials came today! That's about 24 hours from Salt Lake City to Brampton, Ontario!! It's a miracle for sure. I haven't had a chance to text the President because we went straight from the office to Institute, but I will shortly. I think he will be as surprised as I was.
I'm going to let Bob finish up. I'd like a good night's rest tonight. I am so tired when I have to get up in the morning. Maybe it will help if I go to bed a little earlier.
May all of our loved ones have a good night's rest, too!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment