Wednesday 7 October 2015

October 7, 2015

Bonnie:  It's been a good day. I left early and got my hair cut, and finally I found a hair-dresser that agrees with me about how to do my hair! I will try to go back to her. We went through the clothes in the closet yesterday and most of it went to the Salvation Army. The only things I have left are winter boots and a bin of gloves and hats for the Elders and Sisters. Sister Clayton now has all of the coats and all of the skirts. We will take these things to zone conference in November to see if anyone wants them. We also had a few ties and laid them out today on a first come, first serve basis. Half of them are already gone. In fact, this  morning one Elder saw some we had thrown away and he went through them and took several! So, I now have room in one of the closets for supplies. The problem is that I ordered 3 braille Book of Mormons, one for an investigator and two to have on hand. I had no idea how big they are. Each "book" comes in a huge box and consists of 8 volumes, each volume the size of a very thick picture album! So my extra space will all be filled up braille Books of Mormon.
Tonight,we are thinking about what we need to take to Elk Lake this week-end. It will be a fun trip even though I have to talk on Sunday. It will be a nice break from our usual routine.
My hope is that all of us are enjoying a little bit of warmth before the winter hits. We need to enjoy the beautiful colors and mild weather while it lasts. My love to all.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Went apartment hunting with a realtor today. Found a couple that could work, but we're going to look at 4 more tomorrow. Then we'll put in an offer. Hope we get someone to take the offer. The problem I see is that I won't be around Friday to sign the papers for the offer. Better check this out in the morning with the realtor.
One good thing happened today. The landlord that is in England got my email and contacted his sons. One of them came over and took care of the toilet problem. Time will tell if it is a permanent fix.
Another beautiful fall day. Probably got into the 60s for part of the day. It has been very pleasant the last couple of days.
Better get to bed. Hope everyone had a great day. Good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment