Thursday 15 October 2015

October 15, 2015

Bob: Only worked till 6 today. I left the office at 12:15 to inspect an apartment with a landlord. She thought the place was immaculate. 4 Elders had spent all morning cleaning everything in the place per an instruction sheet left by the listing agent realtor. He said there was damage to the grout in the bathroom. Once the Elders cleaned it there was no damage at all. It looked like a new tile job. After we left I took all 4 of them to a fish and chips cafe just up the street. Elder Wilsher, being from England, liked that very much.
While we were eating I decided to go look at another apartment in another area that we are closing. The Zone Leaders had told me it was real grungy and couldn't be cleaned well. After seeing what had just been done by Elder Wilsher and his crew I thought I might send them up to clean it too. Well, when I got there I couldn't believe how bad it looked. The paint was coming off the walls everywhere. There were tape marks all over the walls too. There was sheetrock damage in 2 or 3 places. I had the Elders take me to the superintendent's office so we could get someone to inspect the damage. They sent 2 guys to look at it. They walked in, looked at all the rooms and said 'This place is pretty good. You don't have anything here to worry about!' I about fell over, but calmly asked if they were sure. They said they see much worse than this all the time and the paint coming off was a bad paint job to begin with. So we went back to the super and turned in the keys. She will bill us for a second set of keys that someone has lost.
Next thing on the agenda was to get back to the office. It was a little after 3, I believe, and I was in downtown Toronto near Chinatown. I got back at almost 5:00. There was a car wreck blocking the exit from 401 and route 410 was bumper to bumper for about 4 or 5 miles. Whoever said you can't get anywhere fast in Toronto after 3:00 is 100% correct.
Well I have rambled on long enough. Hope everyone is well. Good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  There was a temple session for the newest missionaries (here only 6 weeks) and their companion trainers today. I should have planned on several of them dropping by the office! It seems they always have to pick up a "few things" before heading home. I hope the supplies hold out until after transfers occur on Wednesday! It's hard trying to have everything that they need.
I spent a good part of the day rearranging the supply room that the ward has allowed us to use. It was kind of a mess, although I know where and what everything is. I'm working on getting the shelf brackets for a hallway closet so I can put things out there, too. We have three closets altogether plus the classroom. We need every bit of space we can find. It's really generous of the Creditview Ward to let us have this space. Eventually all I want in the classroom are all of the  Books of Mormon in all of the different languages and the English pamphlets. All other pamphlets I want on the shelves in the hall closets or in the office, where there are a few empty shelves. I succeeded in putting all of the Spanish materials inside the office, next to the supply shelves there. We have part of a whole wall with just Spanish supplies. I'm glad I found a place for those boxes.
I also have a picture of some of the missionaries who are close-by, but my I-pad is not working very well these days. I can't seem to email it to Bob so he can put it on the computer. Maybe I will go to church Sunday and have one of the YSAs play with my I-pad and fix it!!
It's time to turn in so I'll close. I love you all!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment