Monday 5 October 2015

October 5, 2015

Bonnie:  We just got home from our monthly dinner at Ludlow's. It was a complete Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes and pie for dessert. Sis. Ludlow goes all out to decorate each month. I loved how she decorated the tables for Fall. It was nice to have a break from YSA Family Home Evening, too. I love being with the other Senior couples. It's kind of like our Home Teaching/ Visiting Teaching for the month!
We will go directly from the office to Mississauga Chapel tomorrow night to meet with the Beltran's who are helping us with the Spanish less-active YSAs. It's time to get finished with our list, if we can. That will be followed with Institute. It will be a long but worthwhile day, I think I am fairly caught up with the office assignments that I have. We will have a meeting with the President, however, so that may change tomorrow! It's going to be busy Wednesday and Thursday nights because we have to prepare for our trip. Wednesday I will get my hair cut and we will do the wash. Thursday night we will do the shopping and pack so we can leave by 9 Friday morning. It will be good to get out of the city for a few days.
May we enjoy our Family Home Evenings tonight.  Our families are what it's all about! How I love our family!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: It is good to have a plan!! I can see my evenings in front of me the rest of this week. I think we will get everything done.
Apartments got crazy today. Some have bed bugs and some have roaches!! Uck. In each case, the missionaries have not done the proper steps to get rid of them. Their answer is just move. Well, we'll get the landlords involved and see after that. Should get both apartments fumigated the next day or two. Then we'll see if they need to move.
Turned out to be a rather nice day. Wasn't real warm, but it wasn't real cold either. A sweater over the standard white shirt did the trick. But I think I'll take something a little heavier to Elk Lake on Friday. Bonnie gasped when saw my comment about snow flakes on Sunday morning.
It was nice at Ludlow's tonight. It is always fun to sit around and listen to what the couples are experiencing in their individual callings. Kind of like a bunch of veterans sitting around telling their own war stories.
Well, I got to go. Love to everyone and good night brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment