Wednesday 22 July 2015

June 22, 2015

Bonnie: Another long day. Just to give you an idea of some of the things I dealt with today, here goes: the delivery man from UPS came with a package for one of the sister missionaries that requires
about $40.00 worth for COD, (we are not allowed to accept these packages),  a man from church travel wanted the phone number for a couple that has gone home, 15 boxes of Books of Mormon are waiting to be delivered, but first need an authorized letter from the church saying they are legitimate, plus $69, (I found out later that church distribution wanted them sent to the Mission Home and not the Mission Office, which is crazy--they goofed up!) a call from some missionaries who wanted to give us some Tongan Triple Combinations and other books in Tongan which were going to be thrown away (!!) ( I had just enough room for them) a call to the Name-Tag store about shipping costs that need to be reimbursed to us,  our meeting over lunch with the Clayton's, which also involved some extra assignments, and last but not least, trying to rearrange the storage shelves. Most of these challenges were taken care of, thankfully. The storage shelves will take time, but at least I will know where everything is. MLC is next week so I really need to get everything in order. We are getting 12 new Elders and Sisters this month, and that means transfers will be huge. It's an exciting time for the mission.  I am glad to be part of it!
I hope you all are having an exciting time, too.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Nothing much different today for me either. Did call Bell telephone to get our mailing address correct. The service person asked who I was. When I told her she said I don't see your name on the account. (Now this is the 2nd time I have called to change the address. The last time I had it changed from our old address on Country Court Blvd to Wanless Drive. However, they entered about 2 or 3 different spellings of Wanless, and none were correct.) So I said do you have the name Gillen on the account? He went home in May. She said no. Alright, do you have the name Caldwell on the account? He went home in December 2013. Again, no. Okay, how do we get my name on the account? She said I need you to give me the account number, the correct mailing address, the correct service address and the current account balance. I said okay, but just so you know there are 13 accounts and I'll have to look each one up. So I gave her about 4 or 5 and she finally said, 'Okay, You have verified the accounts. Now just give me the account numbers!' So we finally got all the corrections finished in about 45 minutes. Can't wait to see if she got the spelling correct on the address changes.
Weather was very pleasant today. When I started my walk at about 6:05 the temperature was 59 and the wind was blowing. Needed a long sleeve shirt. I have to get my walk done by 6:45 so I can wake Bonnie up.
We stopped at Home Depot again on the way home. Had to buy a cover to put on the floor to hide and protect the ethernet cable. This move to the solarium is costing me more than I planned on, but it's making the 1st mate happy. That makes it worth the cost!!
Wish everyone well and hope the heat wave has broken in Utah. How is the heat in Florida? Anyone out there know?
Love,
Dad/Bob

Elder Ganowsky (Asst. on left, going home), Elder Marchant (on the right his replacement;
the guy that wore the bag over his head yesterday!)


No comments:

Post a Comment