Friday 31 July 2015

July 30, 2015

Bob: Just another normal day until we hit the traffic jam. That made me feel good!! Prior to that I wanted to get a hair cut. I think my barber was part Indian because she pretty well scalped me. Won't need another one for a couple months. Oh well, you know what they say. The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 2 weeks.
Didn't get to Orangeville today so that will have to be tomorrow or Monday. Have to decide who gets what from the storage shed tomorrow. Probably be some disappointments, but we'll roll with it.
One of the sister missionaries got a small suitcase delivered to the Mission Office from Amazon. Her stepmother ordered it for her. However, she ordered one that is much too small. So the Sister Missionary wanted to send it back. I told her I would get her an estimate. Going by UPS the rate is 75.00!! So the Sister told me to call her mother and see if she would pay for it. Well we thought we were calling her stepmother. I can only say that mom doesn't like being referred to as stepmother. Anyway the actual purchaser, the real stepmother, said to give it to whoever needs it unless she can return it to Amazon, prepaid.
Not much else happening. Hope everyone has had a great day.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It was a fairly normal day today. Bob was ready to leave about 5:20, which is really early for him, but I was in the middle of working on the orders for MLC and couldn't leave. We finally left after 6. We went to get Bob a haircut, and then I decided to do some quick shopping at Wal -Mart. On our way home, we got into a huge traffic jam because of some street paving they were doing. We finally made it home about 8:00! So, it was hot dogs for dinner. Oh, well, At least they were easy and quick.
Tomorrow I will order ESL supplies and begin to make flyers for the 6 areas that teach ESL classes. And I think that President and Sister Clayton will be coming to meet with us. It was too busy to meet at the beginning of the week with new missionaries coming and other missionaries leaving the mission and 75% of the companionships changing.
I can't believe that tomorrow it's the 31st of July.  We have been here for almost three months! Like Sister Gillen used to say, the days are long but the weeks fly by!
May all of you be blessed with the love of our Savior tomorrow.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment