Saturday 18 July 2015

July 18, 2015

Bonnie: Today has been a good one because I got the apartment cleaned and cooked for the Elder's tonight and also got to go to the temple to help our YSA ward with baptisms. Bob and I had a lot of dishes to do after the Elder's left, so we decided we needed to do something to get out of the apartment. We found a park bench close by that did the trick! There are several pools, tennis courts, play areas for kids, basketball courts and park benches here which makes it nice. Bob definitely is a "small-town" kind of guy, though. And I have to admit, I get tired of all the traffic and stores full of people and long lines. There are an incredibly large number of people that live here. Anyway, we had five Elders over for dinner, because one is being trained to replace Elder Ganowsky, who will be going home in about 10 days. It's always a pleasure to have the missionaries over. They are eager to help and bring such a wonderful spirit with them. Tomorrow we are picking up a young man who wants to come to church but doesn't have transportation. We will enjoy getting to know him. And Bob was asked to teach the priesthood lesson tomorrow. Lucky him!
Happy Sabbath tomorrow everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Yeah, lucky me. I was helping two of the YSA elders confirm those who had been baptized and we had a short break. The Elders Quorum President said to the other young man that he would probably have to teach the Priesthood class again tomorrow as he had forgotten to get an instructor. I told him the lesson this week wouldn't be too hard to teach as it was on temples. So he asked me if I wanted to do it. And what is the standard missionary answer? "Why I would love to!!" So here I am.
Next project up for the apartment is to move the computer. Not looking forward to it, but I think once it is done I will like it. We're going to move it out into the solarium. I think the only thing I will need to buy is a longer Ethernet cable. We'll look into that this week.
Took a different route for my walk this morning and ended up going much farther than I had planned. My usual walking time is about 31 minutes. Today it took 48 minutes. It's difficult walking different routes because I don't want to cross the busy streets. May have to do that though to get some variety in my walking.
Bonnie is right about the dishes. I think we filled up the dish drainer 3 times before we finished.
Also, we got another piece of carpet. I've carried 5 carpets out of Walmart and we only have 2 in our apartment. I think the people at the service desk at Walmart are getting to know us too well.
And the government issued a heat wave warning today advising everyone to stay hydrated, etc. because the temperature with the humidity would feel like 40 degrees (that's 104 Fahrenheit). It was warm today, but I don't think it ever felt that hot.
Better go get ready for bed. Everyone have a pleasant Sabbath day tomorrow.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment