Tuesday 7 July 2015

July 7, 2015

Bonnie: We got home early tonight, about 6:30 or so. It's been great to just relax. One of the big jobs I am doing at the office is rearranging the supplies.  A few months before we arrived they moved the mission office from a bigger place. As a consequence, there is not as much room for supplies. There is one ward using the building and the Bishop has given us a room for the extra supplies. The problem is that a "leprechaun" of some kind, a strong one who can lift heavy boxes, has entered the room and played hide and go seek! Twice now the boxes have been moved around and blankets spread out to make little hide-outs among the boxes. So, Bob went to see if he had any keys to that room and found one. So now we will be locking it. Eventually, however, I think we will be losing it all together. I don't know quite what to do. But I'm sure there will be an answer. My last order was for 15 boxes of Books of Mormon. They have to go somewhere!
My love to all of those reading our blog. May you have a wonderful evening!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Things get interesting as time goes on. Got a call from Pitney Bowes the other day. They supply our postage meter and they wanted a reading from our meter. Supposedly it hasn't been connected to their system in over a year. So I go look at our meter and give them the information. She said, 'Oh, that meter is okay. We need the reading off the other meter.' I told her we don't have a second meter. She said, 'Oh yes you do. We never got it back when we gave you a new one.' So I called Elder Gillen and he said they took the old meter in March when they installed the new one. So I called them back and gave them Elder Gillen's explanation. She said, 'We never got another meter so you will have to pay for it.' I replied, 'We have one meter and I'm not sending anymore money for a second meter.'
Got to looking at our financial records and I see where we have been paying for a 2nd meter since at least July 2013. So I talked to them again and the lady told me the 2nd meter is in Nova Scotia. She said she would send that information to meter security and they would get back to me. Waiting for that call. Then, I called Salt Lake. They advised me to ask them to cancel the 2nd contract. If they are reluctant to cancel it then I am to call Salt Lake again and they will handle it. I'm interested to see what happens. The 2nd contract has a postage meter and a shredder on it. We're paying about 93 a month for them. Someone is getting ripped I think.
Been a good day except just as we were getting ready to leave the Mission President called and said a missionary is going home tomorrow. That meant I had to arrange a few things plus burn a CD of the letters the missionary has written to the Mission President. That put us about 45 minutes behind.
Then we stopped at Walmart. I wanted to make one final attempt to get my lost keys by talking to the security department at Walmart. I called the police earlier today and they advised me to go to Walmart and talk to their security people. What a waste of time. On the way into the store I asked the young greeter about security. She knew nothing!! I wasn't sure she could really speak, but she finally uttered she didn't know. Then I went to the service counter. They scurried around a little, than began talking to each other and finally walked over to the registers and called someone. They made about 3 more calls in the next 10 minutes and just talking to themselves. Never said a word to me or acknowledged they were trying to find out about my keys. I just gave up and left.
Hope you have had a great day and are expecting an ever better tomorrow.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment