Sunday 26 July 2015

July 26, 2015

Bob: It's only 8:30 pm and we're getting the blog done. We have had a restful and peaceful day. Was able to take a 50 minute walk this morning when I got up. Didn't take anyone to church or home from church, but we still didn't get out of church till after 4 as Munch n Mingle lasted over an hour. Sacrament Meeting was good today. The speakers, Sister Amanda Hardman and Jorgen Davidson, are both BYU students and both were well prepared. Sister Hardman told a great story about how she was having a troubling time in her life and she couldn't understand why. Then one day while walking in the mountains above Sundance Ski Resort she realized she had to forgive someone who had hurt her. She hadn't realized how much it was affecting her. But once she sought that person out and talked things over her life immediately began to be happier.
After church I took an hour's nap and then Bonnie and I went for a walk for over an hour. Walked up around 2 lakes and a residential area that is across Queen Street from us, then around the lake out behind our apartment building.

Bonnie: It has been a wonderful day. Sacrament meeting was very inspiring. I really like what one of the speakers said about being perfect. He said, "We can't always be perfect, but we can be perfectly committed" (to the gospel, of course). I really like that. After that, Bob and I went to a Sunday School class where we learned about missionary work from "Preach My Gospel". It reminded me in some respects of the MTC. We have a very enthusiastic teacher which makes it extra good. Relief Society was wonderful. I am so impressed with the young single adults. We ended the day with a delicious salad and cake for dessert. Next Sunday I will help in preparing the food. It will be the day before what they call a "Civic" holiday and many people will be out of town.
I hope all of you are enjoying your Sabbath today.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

First lake we came to.
Second lake (our apartment buildings are sticking above the trees)
Our apartment building in the foreground

Rest stop on our walk

My favorite house decoration

My 2nd favorite house docoration


No comments:

Post a Comment