Tuesday 28 July 2015

July 28, 2015

Bob: Swamped today with 70% of the zone companionships moving to new areas. It baffles my mind to think how that all gets coordinated. Not much else to report. Have a good night.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I actually thought it was more like 75%. We each gave our little speel this morning at 7:30 am to the newly-arrived missionaries. Then, Bob and I went back to the office. The Ericksons had more to present because Elder E. is in charge of vehicles. He had to show a video, etc. etc. The missionaries came in and out all day long, first the transferred ones with their "new" companions, then the trainers with their new missionaries in tow. And they have pretty much wiped out a lot of the supplies that I had ready for MLC next Wednesday. Oh, well. They will just have to wait for their supplies a little longer. I must have refilled the candy jar 6 or 7 times. If you remember, for each piece of candy the missionary must write a tender mercy or blessing from the Lord on a sticky note and put it on the candy jar. I love some of the things that are written. I save them in a binder. The cake we ordered for Elder Ganowsky was delivered to the mission home where the departing missionaries gathered for one final meal with the President and his wife. Sister Clayton seemed happy to have it. I'm glad Bob ordered it.
We stopped on the way home for some fast food so I wouldn't have to cook after such a long day.We are both tired tonight. Tomorrow we will work out some of the kinks as the missionaries get adjusted to their new apartments and new companions. It will be a wonderful day as the Lord wills it.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment