Saturday 25 July 2015

July 25, 2015

Bob: Ok guys, I let you down today. I didn't hold up the manly idea of women shop and men just go buy what they need and get it over with. I must confess I tagged along all day behind Bonnie. Looking for comforters, pictures, etc. isn't the most fun thing to do, but at least I got a happy wife out of it. We made several stops: Niagara's Choice Federal Credit Union, JC Penneys, Olive Garden, Kohls, Target, Chili's (yum), Dressbarn, Nautica, Chicos, Brooks Brothers, Nautica, Dressbarn, Kirkland's, Marshalls, Walmart, and Marshalls for a return. Plus a lot of walking around the mall. We did forget to stop and get gas however. It was between 270 and 2.80 a gallon in the States.
We crossed Rainbow Bridge on the way down. You can see both the American and Canadian Falls as you cross the bridge. Took about 15 minutes to get through the interview line to enter the states then. On the way back we crossed the Lewiston Bridge which is north of the Falls. It only took about 10 minutes to go through there. Want to stop at the Falls and take some pictures for the blog. Will try to do that the next time we go down. I'll have to cut the shopper's time off early though. We can't stop on the way down as we have to get to the credit union before noon. Won't have to worry about depositing checks and the bank putting a hold on it now. We should be good for about 4 months. So we may not go back down till November. Falls may be frozen over then!!
I had better get off here and get ready for bed. Hope your tomorrow is ever better than today was.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It was quite enjoyable to be in the US all day today. especially because sales tax is only about 4.5 percent. We spent alot of money getting things we needed and wanted. And, of course, sisters, who doesn't like to shop? There are lots and lots of outlet stores in a very big mall there. I got a comforter for the second bedroom and something for the wall in the living room and some clothes. And candy and cookies for MLC. I'm in charge of the treat "platter" this month. At Walmart there were some boy scouts outside collecting money and they were LDS. That was fun. I gave them all of my US money, which was only a couple of dollars. Then at another store I had to return something and the checker was also LDS. She is a YSA who hasn't been coming to church very often, because her ride moved and she works many Sundays. I encouraged her to make some calls and see if she could get a ride and start coming back. We were gone about 12 hours from 9 to 9 but it was good to have a break. Niagara, USA is only about an hour and a half away. I'm sure we will be going fairly often.
I hope your day was enjoyable in every way!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment