Monday 20 July 2015

July 20, 2015

Bob: Didn't leave the office until almost 8. Then we stopped at Home Depot and Staples to get an extension cord and a 25' Ethernet cable. Going to move the computer out of the living room into the solarium tomorrow night if we get home early enough. So we may be down tomorrow night if things don't go well.
Big day planned tomorrow. Going hunting for a postage meter that has lost its way!! I'm headed for the Toronto Stake Center, a huge building with underground parking and three very large floors. If we can't find it there then someone is going to have to make the big decision whether to pay for the one that is lost and cancel our contract with Pitney Bowes or to continue to pay for a meter we don't have. It is "pay me now or pay me later".
We're trying to unload a lot of the used items we have in our storage shed. The Stake Relief Society President sent the inventory to all the Ward Relief Society Presidents who in turn passed it out to the members. The only problem was they told everyone to call me with their needs. So I spent about a total of an hour on the phone today deflecting everything back to the Ward Relief Society. I asked them to collect all the needs in their respective Wards and then I would get their lists next week. After that I would tell them when they could send a truck around to pick up the items they want. Had to explain to them we weren't operating a retail outlet and we weren't delivering the items. All of them seemed to be alright with everything.
Its been a beautiful day today. Lots of sunshine, no rain and the temperature was in the 80s. It's 77 right now.
We got Instant Messenger to work on Facebook tonight. Talked to Christian, Michelle and the boys. The call dropped a few times, but it wasn't bad. We may use this more often!
Going to turn in for the night. Hope everyone is doing well.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: The high-light of my day was skyping with four of my children and grand-children. They are all in North Carolina on the beach at a rented house. It looks like so much fun! It was really wonderful to see everyone.
So, it's been another long day and I am really tired, so I am signing off. These 11 and 12-hour days are hard for me. I think I may start going home with the Erickson's, who generally can leave earlier each day, or maybe take a nap while Bob is finishing up!
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment