Friday 17 July 2015

July 17, 2015

Bob: Signed my first apartment lease today. Hope it was done correctly. It's for an apartment in a member's basement so I don't think it could be too wrong. Bonnie and I met with Brother Loiselle at 4:00 today and then went home. Might be the first time ever that we got home before 5. We were eating Poor Man's Spaghetti by 5:45. After dinner Bonnie went shopping and left me with dishes, laundry and an unmade bed. Almost got it done before she got back. Don't know if I was fast or if she planned it that way.

Bonnie: Tonight was the first night that we arrived home as early as 5:00. It was wonderful! I didn't plan on being so late shopping, it's just that going shopping on a Friday night is absolutely crazy. The stores are crowded. In one store I went to there were only two clerks working, one for those with less that 16 items and one regular clerk, oh, and self-checkout. Also, in one store it cost 25 cents to get a cart, refundable when the cart was put back in place. I didn't have any Canadian quarters, so I had to get change. When I put the cart back I couldn't figure out how to attach it so that I could get my quarter back. There is still a lot to learn about how to do things in Canada!
Bob only got about three hours sleep last night. He's already sleeping on the couch, so I think I will also get ready for bed. Tomorrow I need to cook for our special good-bye dinner for one of the APs and another set of Elders. And, I need to clean the apartment. We have a temple session with the YSAs tomorrow at 2, so there is lots to do. But they are good things. I'm thankful that I have the health to do it. And, that Bob did such a good job of arranging our finances so we can serve this mission. It's been a blessing for us, that's for sure.
Our love to all,
Love, Mom and Dad/ Bonnie and Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment