Thursday 16 July 2015

July 16, 2015

Bob: Made it home about 8 tonight, but we ate on the way. Didn't get a whole lot done today as the phone and internet were down over half the day. Will have to catch up quickly tomorrow as I have an appointment at 4:00 to sign the lease for the new apartment. At least we'll get home early tomorrow evening.
Been looking at a trip to Niagara Falls to do some shopping and banking. It's only about an hour and 25 minutes to a credit union where I can withdraw money from my Bayer Credit Union account. Then we can go by the falls, do some shopping, visit the local Olive Garden and get back home at a reasonable hour. Maybe the 25th or 1st of August. The worst thing is they don't have a Costco any closer than Rochester which is about 3 hours away. .I need to buy some Niacin. I might be able to get it at Target, though. I'll have to call and order it, but I get it from Target in Utah so it should work.
Talked with Pitney Bowes again today about the missing postage meter. Told them we wanted out of the contract. They are working on an exit offer and should be back in touch in about 3 days. She told me it would be expensive and that the meter would be costly too. I know we have $9100 left to pay on the contract and we don't have the machine so this offer could be near 5 figures. We'll see what my superiors want to do. No one in Salt Lake seems to want to help. Maybe when I point out the almost $10,000 we're paying for nothing someone will pay attention.
Took someone to the storage shed today, but only got rid of one dresser and a box of towels, etc. He said I would have to spend a good deal of time showing people what's available. Told him I'm not going to do that anymore. I said each Ward can ask around about needy families and tell me what they want. Then we'll bring it by. If they need 4 chairs, we'll bring 4 chairs and they can have them. We're not going to operate a retail outlet and bring shoppers in. They just need to understand that most of it is old and been well used. But I guess if a person doesn't have anything now the items we have would still be an improvement.
Better get off here and let Bonnie review my thoughts. Love to all.
Dad/Bob
The storage shed inventory
(Maybe we could auction it off like they do on TV)

Some of the construction around us

The street just west of the entrance to our parking lot

Bonnie: We went to Walmart after the office and bought another piece of carpet. It looks ok so we'll probably keep this one. It's hard to figure out how to do things in our living room. We're having two sets of missionaries over for dinner on Saturday so I need to work out some things before they get here.
I am proud of what I accomplished today at the office. I worked all afternoon fixing up Room 120 where all of the extra boxes of supplies go when they don't fit on our small storage shelves. I have all of the Books of Mormon on one side of the room, from English to two kinds of Chinese, Arabic, Italian, etc. ending up with the Spanish ones. On the other side are all of the pamphlets, some of which are 5 and 6 boxes high. Then, back in one corner are the car supplies and big jugs of water for use in the office. In the other corner are empty boxes which we have to keep for the MLC meetings. Anyway, it looks neat and tidy so I like it.
Tomorrow I am looking forward to getting  home early, hopefully around 5, so we can eat and then go grocery shopping and do the wash. Fun Friday night, isn't it! Yet, I'm happy doing it.
May all of you find some happiness tomorrow as well!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment