Wednesday 29 June 2016

June 29, 2016

Bob: First I would like to say that this may be the last post for a few days. We are moving out of this apartment in the morning and I am not sure what, if any, internet we will have for a few days. We will take off for Temiskaming between 5 and 6 on Tuesday next week. So we will get there late and I'm not sure when the internet will be installed there. So if we are missing for a day or days don't be alarmed. We'll eventually get this up and running again.
We said good-bye to President and Sister Clayton today. They came in, introduced the Shields, spoke to each couple briefly and walked out the door. Very sad to see them go, but the Shields are excited and ready to go to work. We had a very long staff meeting with them today answering what questions we could for them and letting them know what we are doing to keep things moving. It will be a very busy week for them with transfers, MLC and just being new.
We are cleaning up somewhat tonight and will move everything upstairs tomorrow to the Erickson's apartment. Then on Sunday we will move everything to the Finnigan's for a couple days before heading north. It will be very busy.
I helped Elder Wolfley with the phone/text report again today. I think with just a little practice he will catch on to it okay. After a while working on it I could tell he was getting anxious about it, so we quit. Will give it one final try on Friday.
I hope everyone had a great day and that all is well with each of you. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I don't have much to add except that I am tired after cleaning the bathroom really well, including the old tile floor, plus the refrigerator, and under both the 'frig and the oven. Tomorrow I will do the floors (the kitchen floor will have to be mopped as well) and the bathroom sink, and also do our last wash. We have the honor of attending a temple session for one of our YSAs at 1:30 also tomorrow. That will be wonderful. I can't wait for that!
Today at the office was sad for us as we said good-bye to the Clayton's. We love them very much. It has been a great experience to work with them both. The Shield's will also be wonderful to work with, I think. I know they will let the senior couples go to see their grand-kids,and this makes me excited!! We will have two trips, one in September and one in the middle of  December where we will be seeing grandchildren. Thank you. Lord!
Well, there is much to do still tonight, so I am done for now. Good-night, everyone, until we can write again. We love you all.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment