Wednesday 15 June 2016

June 15, 2016

Bob: Another birthday has come and is almost gone. It has been a good day. Thank you to those that sent birthday wishes. It has been a quiet and relaxing day. Very much appreciated by an old codger like me.
I did have time to go on a short trip with Elder Wolfley today. We were gone about 3 hours while we took a few furniture items to the Sisters in Aurora. This kind of trip is relaxing as compared to a trip to empty out an apartment. Shouldn't have many more of these to worry about except our move later this month.
Tonight while I was working on my Sacrament Meeting talk for Sunday I received a happy birthday call and serenade from the Mission President, his wife and some others. A very big surprise. Bonnie liked it too.
Went to my favorite restaurant tonight and they were out of my favorite dish. Had to settle for a new and different meal there. It was pretty good and the dessert was delicious.
Well, I had better get to bed. This old man needs his rest to keep pace with his young and vivacious wife. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: We didn't do anything special like we did last year for Bob's birthday, mainly because I feel so overwhelmed with trying to train Sister Wolfley and getting ready to move, and because it was Zone  Conference today. The Erickson's and Cannon's were gone for most of the day. So, we celebrated by going to Bob's favorite place to eat: Wendy's. As he wrote, they were out of his favorite thing--the baked potatoes. I think he liked what he got, though. And we got two donuts at Tim Horton's for dessert.  I think the best of the day was getting the phone call from the Clayton's. It was so fun to hear them sing Happy Birthday to Bob.
We accomplished much today at the office and Sister Wolfley is doing well. I don't think we will have much to do tomorrow, in fact. It's been a good day and night!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment