Sunday 19 June 2016

June 19, 2016

Bob: Church was very good today. Bonnie gave a very good talk on fathers and I talked to the YSAs about how things in their lives will be 40 years from now. Explained to them that they have only lived 2 - 3 decades, but we seniors have lived 6 - 7 decades and see that extra 40 years. Bishop told me he thought I gave them some good counsel. I hope some of them will try a little harder at some of the things they are doing right now. It will bless them years down the road.
Been cleaning up the desk and office area today. I think it is about ready to be packed away. It is amazing how many little items you pick up over time. Sometimes I feel like a pack rat!! I think if I don't have any immediate plans for something and haven't used it recently I will just pitch it. Can always start all over I guess.
Well I'm going to hit the sack. Want to get up and walk tomorrow morning. Haven't done that since Friday. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob





Below is my card I got today from the Relief Society.


Bonnie: Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful fathers we know. We hope you all had a special day. Our day turned out to be very good. Our talks had to be shortened a bit because the Sister RM took a little long. The YSAs really enjoyed Bob's talk. He talked directly to them about things they can't see 40 years from now. And he told them how much he enjoyed being in the ward, except for all the dating classes! They really enjoyed that. I talked about Fathers Day--Bob, my father and Heavenly  Father. I'm glad it's over. So many YSAs gave us hugs and talked to us afterwards. One even texted us how much he enjoyed it.
There were at least 10 YSAs who saw the  Bishop today. That is lots of running and fetching! But, I only have one more Sunday to do it. Again, I will miss it.
May everyone have a wonderful evening.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment